News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Pelham, TN 27-28 Feb 2016 Instructor Boot Camp

Started by Maximum Ordinate, February 29, 2016, 07:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximum Ordinate

Instructors from:  Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Arkansas, Virginia, Ohio, and Wisconsin came together for Pelham 2-16!

Picture credit:  TejasLady (AC/RSO)

More to follow!
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Old Navy Doc

Absolutely amazing experience. My first IBC, fantastic site, inspiring teachers, and a room full of new friends. I heartedly recommend this IBC for all new IITs and will use it as my every other year refresher course. Thanks to Rusty, Ben, and all the instructor-professors. Bravo Zulu.
Steve
First AS: Ramseur 2/09
Rifleman: Charlotte 11/14
Orange Hat: Calera 1/15
KD Rifleman: Puryear 5/15
Red Hat: Sevierville  11/16
Rimfire KD: Huntsville 12/20
Pistoleer™: Huntsville 2/21

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."  Plato

WmLyons

Hi Everyone,

It was a pleasure meeting each of you.  This was so widely attended that there a few I didn't have the opportunity to get to know.  Perhaps next time or in a future Appleseed.  I got to see my first Winterseed patch in real life.  They are even more impressive than on the computer screens.  I shall have to venture North next year in search of snowy weather to try for one.

I have befriended both Rusty and Ben on FB so if any of you send a request through their pages, I will quickly add you.  You may be seeing requests from me as well.

Greg, it was great seeing you again.  Google, it was a pleasure meeting you.  You take the Google jokes very well.  Team One members it was great working with you and hope to again soon. 

All in all I had a great weekend.  I only wish my job allowed more such weekends each year.

GlockMike

Big Thumbs Up to Rusty and Ben for yet another superb experience.  Knowledge bombs dropped throughout the weekend.  Thanks!

Vr
Mike

Res"Q"John

I can't find the words to accurately describe this weekends IBC, "Awesome" would be one. The instructor cadre were what I would call the "Dream Team" of Appleseed instructors! The classroom, group and one on one instruction gave me the knowledge and confidence needed to continue crafting my skills as an instructor. I got to meet some really great people from all over the country, which I'm sure will turn into lifelong friendships. An IBC is a must for all up and coming IIT's.
"The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave." - Patrick Henry

Roswell

This weekend was awesome EPIC! It was so cool seeing so many Patriots gathered in one place and many from quite far away. My floppy hat is off to you. :)
It was obvious that everyone really put a lot of time into preparing for this and it really couldn't have gone off any better. I hope to see each of you again on the trail.  :---
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

sticksnstones

Thanks to all that made this possible, as it was a great experience that not only helped hone a few skills but also told me where I need to improve. I now recommend it to anyone interested in walking the path to instructor. Thanks to those that pushed me to go
"These a the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in the crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman."
Thomas Paine

cadman

Compliments to Rusty and the entire Instructor Team.  Professional and thorough.  What a great opportunity to review material and improve teaching skills.

To all the students -- a well done!  And to many, thank you for your efforts to attend, especially the long drives some made (I cannot believe one drove from Wisconsin and another from Ohio and another from Virginia and . . .  I don't know where else).

Oh yes, and congrats to a new Rifleman -- good job Jeff!

I highly recommend such an IBC to all.

Bob

Google

Quote from: WmLyons on February 29, 2016, 11:17:16 AM

Google, it was a pleasure meeting you.  You take the Google jokes very well.

It was a pleasure meeting you as well.  When you end up with a nickname like 'Google' (someone else called me that and it persisted!), taking the jokes in stride becomes one more part of the uniform.  ;)

It was, in fact, my pleasure to meet all the new faces and renew acquaintance with others.  I hope to cross paths with all of you again in the future.

Even though I was part of the Instructor Team this weekend, it was an opportunity for me to refresh the material and to learn some new things.  Thanks to attendees and instructors alike for making this a great IBC.

Hardbean

I knew this was going to be a great weekend before I even loaded up my car.  What I didn't know was how great of a weekend was before me!!!  My head is still spinning from all of the tips and tricks for teaching.  There were plenty of life lessons and nuggets hidden throughout the instruction.  I am looking forward to learning more, practicing the stories, enhancing my skills, and meeting more wonderful Appleseeders!

Is Appleseeders a word?

Leadslinger66

After digesting the events of the weekend, I have reached a few conclusions:

1) I definitely learned some things, not only from an instructor standpoint, but from a shooter's perspective as well.
2) The quality of the instructor cadre at this event was second to none.
3) The leadership discussion over supper was right in line with my beliefs on caring, courtesy, honesty, and integrity.
4) Were I to conduct a search for a finer, more caring, and genuine group of people working for a common cause, my attempt would be completely useless, as I believe a finer group does not exist!

Summing up the weekend in one word: HUZZAH!
John

"We mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor." - the signers of the Declaration of Independence

Ramblin' Wreck

I concur that it was a great weekend. Those of us who have been in the program a while will tell you that events like this are worth the time spent with fellow Patriots even when you don't get to shoot.  I hope to see you all again soon on the Appleseed trail. In fact, if you're up for another boot camp there's one coming up in Calera, Alabama in April where you can get an entire week of the Wreck and Rusty show. How cool is that?  ;D

Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown