News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Racine WI February 27, 2016

Started by endpoint, February 28, 2016, 08:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

endpoint

Great shoot! 

With temperatures getting up to the 50 degree mark Winterseed patches were out of the question, but I didn't sense that the shooters minded!  We also had the usual Racine County Line Rifle Club breeze which threw a few mats and rifles around.  But warm, sunny weather in February gets the blood moving and gets us thinking of range days ahead!  Thanks again Racine County Line Rifle Club!

All seventeen of our registered shooters and two walk ons arrived early as we pounded a target line into the still frozen earth. While the first redcoat may have been a little humbling to some, we spent a full day working on that and learning about our unique American heritage.  Our final redcoat left no doubt that the marksmanship had improve.  We gained a Rifleman on the first AQT with a score of 210.  Eli is a man who knows very well what he is about. Congratulations!  See you again for that orange hat I hope?

I would also like to thank the instructors that made our event run so smoothly.  Thank you Kiwimonster and Laredo for inspiring second and third Strikes.  Thank you 2 Clicks Low for handling gear issues early and taking the line for the second half when my voice needed it.  Thank you robinhood and Kholin for teaching the bulk of the instruction; our shooters improvement has a lot to do with your competent instruction. Thank you Billy, Bearcub, Cinco, and Chief2 for getting in the dirt with the shooters and taking many of the details off my plate.

I would like to thank all the shooters.  Thank you for showing up and picking Appleseed for your Saturday plans.  Thank you for your great attitudes, attention to detail and safety, and for your ear during the story.  Many more of you will be Riflemen soon with a little perseverance. I hope to see all of you again. Bring friends!

We'll have some pictures up shortly.  Let us know how we did!

Laredo

Wow, what a great shoot!  Great weather!  Great group of instructors!  Great group of shooters!

RobinHood and Kholin did a fantastic job at the instruction.  Nice job guys! 

Hats off to Endpoint for running a safe, fun shoot.

Congrats to to Eli for earning his patch!

To all the other shooters...  Keep it up.  The journey has just begun.  We had one fella shoot a 209 and another shoot a 201...  talk about close!!!!  Cant get much closer!  Keep coming back and practice, practice, practice!!!

A Rifleman persists.

April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

Shamgar

Awesome day and awesome shoot!!! It was great to have the weather we had and great group of people to shoot with. A special point for me was that our Shoot Boss, Endpoint, is the man who originally made me aware of Appleseed almost two years ago. If not for him talking about Appleseed to a complete stranger at Walmart I probably would not be aware of Appleseed and the passionate telling of the birth of our nation replete with the stories and facts left out in the school system. The story of April 19th, 1775 is something we all need to hear again and again so that we truly understand the price paid by our forefathers for the Liberty we enjoy today.

It was great to see Kholin again and I echo the statements about the job he did as an instructor. As well Kiwimonster who helped guide me and my wife through our first Appleseed. A joy and a pleasure to see and visit with him again. It was also nice to be able to put a face to some of the other names I have seen on the forum, Laredo, 2 Clicks Low, and Chief II.

I will be looking forward to being on the line again together with my wife in warmer weather with all of you again.

All the best in Liberty,

Shamgar
First Appleseed, 11/7-11/8 2015, Oregon, WI
Second, 2/27/2016, Racine, WI
Third, KD, 8/20-8/21 2016, Racine, WI
Fourth, 9/18/2016, Racine, WI
Fifth, 10/9/2016, McMiller @ Eagle, WI, RIFLEMAN! 2nd AQT, 214

Jdg 3:31  And after him was Shamgar the son of Anath, which slew of the Philistines six hundred men with an ox goad: and he also delivered Israel.

Kiwimonster

Hats off to Endpoint, for running a smooth shoot! It felt great to get back into the Appleseed swing again. I must admit, I was hoping for colder weather, to earn my Winterseed stripes. Oh well. Any day at an Appleseed, is a great day. It was wonderful to see everyone again. Also to see Shamgar, and Robin. Thanks for coming guys. We were treated to home made chicken soup, and some of the awesomest brownies on the planet, by Robin. Thanks again. Congratulations to Eli, for earning his patch. What always impresses me at these events, is the attitude of the shooters. I was working with a few folks who had steady improvement throughout the day, and although they didn't earn their patch, they had smiles on their faces. They took satisfaction in their improvement through the course of the day, realizing, with practice, they will earn that coveted patch. We had quite a few iron sights on the line, as well as a couple of guys with bolt action, AND iron sights! That was so cool. Thanks everyone, and hope to see you all soon.

I have a few pic's.
Sept. 6-7 2014 1st
Nov. 15-16 2014 2nd
Apr. 18-19 2015  Rifleman
July 11-12 2015 KD Rifleman