News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Orlando, Fl. Feb 20 thru 21

Started by smoakingun, February 22, 2016, 11:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoakingun

Awesome weekend!
As the reluctant shoot boss for this event, I am pleased to say it the event was very not bad. Having never run a shoot before, the prospect of doing so, without any adult supervision, and knowing all that could go wrong, lets just say I was more than  relieved when Mr. Pete showed up :bow:

Jokes aside, this was probably of the most interesting shoots I have ever worked. We began with 8 shooters on Saturday, 7 of whom had been to an Appleseed event before.  O0 A small group of experienced shooters combined with the addition of Mr. Pete and Cable Guy (on the sign up, only myself and exsquidgator were supposed to be there) made my first experience running the show a breeze.
I can only hope the students got as much out of the experience as I did.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

Cable___Guy

Round 5 of trying to post these pictures.  :DH:
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

9mm4545

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837