News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waco, TX AAR February 20-21, 2016 - Had a Blast...

Started by BillJac, February 21, 2016, 10:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillJac

We had a blast this weekend in Waco (I don't know where that came from... China Springs) with Kevin and Dan.  I've been to a few Appleseeds before and the dynamic working with only four participants was completely different.  I think we did about 903 AQT's.  While I had equipment trouble, it was a learning experience as usual.

We did a speed drill on the Redcoat target and my buddy, Josh Allen cleaned it in under a minute.  Maybe next time for me.

Thanks Dan and Kevin for working this for such a small group.
You aren't pro 2A if you only want guns for people who look and think like you.

NJrefugee

BillJac -- It was great working with you this weekend.  We are really excited to have you as part of the team going forward.  You look fantastic in Orange!

You're right -- the size of the group and everybody's attitude and experience created a pretty unique vibe.  Relaxed and friendly, but intense and focused at the same time.  Kind of reminds me of the Circle of Fire -- Dispersed tho' Adhering.

It was also inspiring to see that shooters with as much skill and experience as you and Josh were able to find real value in the  marksmanship training.  It's a great reminder that Appleseed is not just for beginners.

Hope to see you again soon.

jla1911a1

I wholeheartedly second Bills experience.

In all the training thru the years I hadnt realized how accustomed I had become to overlooking some of the fine mechanics of rifle marksmanship fundamentals.

Attending an AS not only rebooted my marksmanship infrastructure but it also showed me that this organization is something Im completely on-board with. I particularly enjoy the Historical value!

WE are the Greatest Nation in the WORLD.. Its been said by our enemies that America has a rifle behind every blade of grass, and thru Project Appleseed I believe WE can ensure there are Marksmen behind those rifles.
The latest caliber and gear are no substitute for skills learned through experience. Bullets and cartridges dont make hits... Shooters do.