News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Isaac Davis Memorial, Tallahassee, FL 20-21 Feb 2016

Started by Engineer shooting, February 21, 2016, 06:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

Several people asked how was responsible for such fine weather. A large contingency of Boy Scouts always a joy to work with the utes!  Several came close to scoring.  Master Chief Joe had them spell bound with his first strike.  Lucky and Just Kim organized an instructor dinner that set a bench mark. All the hats got a chance to shoot and demonstrate that their skills were sharp as ever.
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

B.C.

Indeed! Another great event staffed by some of the finest examples of patriots you'll find anywhere. I consider it an honor to have the opportunity to be in attendance at the IDMR again. As I have mentioned before - ALL the Florida staff needs to visit the range and check it out. The Boy Scouts in attendance for this shoot showed improvement and all seemed to have a great time the whole weekend. A BIG HUZZZZZZZZAH to jmauf for attaining full instructor, we all enjoyed shooting his orange hat and seeing him put that red hat on - well done sir, well done! Enjoy some pictures below. Until next time my friends......
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

AdobeWalls

Now this was a fine shoot! Weather, top group of instructors, great shooters trying - not one ever gave up. Engineer Shooting gave the greatest-ever benediction when we discovered that 100% of the Scouts shooting were out of time, packed up. I promised them right up front, we would teach them to shoot like WWI Marines (not so easy), but you could not ask for a finer group of young people. And the Master Chief made good too, his craggy looks much improved with that Full Instructor cap. That didn't take long! We'll be glad to have this group, or parts of it, back again real soon. AW.
But you and all the kind of Christ are ignorant and brave,
And you have wars you hardly win, and souls you hardly save.
                            -- Chesterton, Ballad of the White Horse, 1911

The easy way is always mined.  -- Murphy's Law of Combat Infantry

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way.  -- Twain

Salt Water Shooter

Anyone who needs their hope for the future boosted need only spend a weekend with a group of Boy Scouts learning marksmanship the Appleseed Way! Each and everyone of them would have made Captain Parker proud. I would like to say thanks to Engineer Shooting and the whole Issac Davis Crew who each and every one contributed time, energy, patience and endurance toward my earning the privilege of wearing a Red Hat. I learned from you all. Please accept the gratitude of an old salt sailor.
"The company of just and righteous men is better than wealth and a rich estate." Euripides

Minutemom

A little bird told me that Lucky Lori was promoted to shoot boss yesterday!  Woohoo!!!!  Congratulations Lori!!  I believe that makes you our only lady shoot boss in Florida (but hopefully only the first of many more to come ;))  Could this translate into more Florida Ladyseeds down the line?

Congrats also to Joe for your shiny new red hat!  You worked hard for it!

Sounds like it was a great shoot!  What an inspiring group of young men.  I wish I could have been there.  I have heard such wonderful things about the IDMR and the great instructors that work there, that I will have to make a point of making it up there one of these days!
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

JustKim

AWESOME EVENT!!!  What a great week-end.  Boy Scouts, Camp Fires, History and Marksmanship - not to mention a great team of instructors.  Thanks Red Hats for being great mentors.  Congratulations Joe - well deserved!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

Lucky Lori

What a great weekend with a large range group of ages and students.  Everyone gave their all and tried very hard. Dry fire  and come back again. You can do it.  Congratulations Joe on you new  red  hat.
Lucky Lori