News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Full Distance Rapid Fire AQT

Started by Engineer shooting, February 11, 2016, 01:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

Ramseur, NC Riflemans Boot Camp March 13-18, 2016

Ever shoot a Full Distance Rapid Fire AQT? You can at the Ramseur, NC Riflemans Boot Camp March 13-18, 2016! Want to get a new rocker on that slick sleeved shooting jacket? Four minutes is all it takes. Amazing, what people will do for a little piece of cloth - but we know it's quite a bit more than that.

Not to mention all the other benefits of attending a Boot Camp at the home range.
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

smoakingun

so...to clarify...after all the grief I received, from the folks at the top, about the infernoseed patch, the folks at the top are now issuing a patch for a rapid fire rocker.
Do I read that right?
Is Appleseed a patch collecting organization now?
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

Engineer shooting

No Smoak, sorry I wasn't clear, you could earn the standard patch in Four Minutes (depending on your marksmanship).

Quote from: smoakingun on March 10, 2016, 02:10:59 PM
so...to clarify...after all the grief I received, from the folks at the top, about the infernoseed patch, the folks at the top are now issuing a patch for a rapid fire rocker.
Do I read that right?
Is Appleseed a patch collecting organization now?
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

alkeford

Esse Quam Videri (To be rather than seem to be)
Powder With My Brother Ball Most Hero Like Doth Conquer All,
Tomet Nosce
The Suda, a tenth century encyclopedia of Greek Knowledge, says: "the proverb is applied to those whose boasts exceed what they are,"and that "know thyself" is a warning to pay no attention to the opinion of the multitude.

Engineer shooting

We could add 3 minutes for transit time, 100 to 400 yards, a brisk march. 4 minutes for the AQT we could make a 7 minute Isaac Davis Memorial Range KD patch  ..:.., I'm sure that would push everyone over the edge!   ;D

Quote from: alkeford on March 23, 2016, 10:04:21 PM
I'm sure we could make one lol

jmdavis

Or one could simply shoot a KD AQT with the requisite times. Shooting faster seldom makes anyone shoot better.

That said, I have run Rapid Fire AQT's when I thought one would help the students. It worked occasionally.
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

Cable___Guy

Idmr rapid fire kd.  I am in any day of the week.

Prepare to hump.
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

PHenry

I have a time er two, pondered the idear of using steel Ds at 200 ,300, and 400, with paper at 100 for best safety. One shooter at a time, with a spotter for the steel.

I could not make score at my first event in 2007 until JB ran a RFAQT and back then, it was with two 20 round mags and loaded transitions. I was so annoyed at myself for my failure to make score - the RFAQT was just what I needed. Scored 216 with a .30. To this day I am not capable of shot fussing and grouping well. Rifleman's cadence all the way through.

I am not a fan of more than one RFAQT at weekend events, but it did work for me.
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

jmdavis

It was the tool that you needed.  One of the first events that I shoot bossed had one adult who was shooting well but just couldn't put four good stages together. All of the other two day adults had shot rifleman. The last aqt of the day was run as a rapid fire. It kept him busy and kept his conscious mind out of the process. That did it for him.

My first rifleman score was on an aqt where I had multiple failures to feed. I was so busy working the rifle that I didn't have time to think about score. It always works out better that way.

If a shooter is decisive, dressing up a shot is not a problem. If he is not decisive it becomes a problem. But the problem is not that he is adjusting the rifle, it is that he is indecisive. Commit to the shot.

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner