News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Corona, CA Appleseed Feb 6-7, 2016 After Action Report

Started by bob 210, February 06, 2016, 11:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob 210

We had 10 good folks joins us today at the Corona, CA Range! With a little Marksmanship and Heritage and a whole lotta wind......we got 2 new Rifleman on our first day! Congratulations to John with a 231 and Johnny with a 223! I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow! Sunday dawned to a sunny and very windy day. We had a steady wind of bewtween 20-30 mph with gusts as high as 50mph, but we still had 8 good folks show back up to attempt to earn their Rifleman patch. Fortuntely the wind was blowing from 6 o'clock to 12 o'clock, so it didn't impact the shooting, but we actually had "brown outs" where we couldn't see the target backers due to all the dust in the air. Johnny, who served in the Marine Corps, said it reminded him os Afghanistan! We did have to men persist and achieve the expert scores to receive the coveted Rifleman Patch. Congratulations to Eric, who just squeaked by and post a 210. Also, congratulations go out to Daniel, who posted a 211. Eric went on to take an Orange Hat and begin his journey as an Appleseed Instructor! Welcome Aboard! We had several Sharpshooter and Marksman qualifications throughout the weekend. Dan posted a 172, Mike posted a 135, Caleb a 128, Chris a 143. And tracy, the only woman on the line this weekend, showed great improvement and posted a 136! Congratulations to you all and keep praciticing! With a little work you will all be shooting at Rifleman level soon. I'll see you all at the next Appleseed! Post your comments and pics here!
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

bob 210

Pics
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

bob 210

More pics

Daniel L

Bob, thanks for hosting this weekend. I had a great time learning rifle marksmanship. It was the perfect opportunity to break in the new gun and learn a bit about the history of our country. I'm still cleaning the sand out of my car, bag, and ears!