News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sevierville (Wears Valley Ranch), TN February 5-6, 2016

Started by CokeGuy, February 06, 2016, 09:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CokeGuy

We had an outstanding event at the Sevierville Appleseed on Friday and Saturday. Of the 8 shooters on Friday, Glenn J qualified as Rifleman, and HazMatt1 and Reid S. (The father) requalified.  Then, on Saturday Phillip B qualified with a score of 220 at this, his first, Appleseed! Huzzah! Young Reid S (age 11) was a pleasure to have on the line. He paid close attention to all instruction, volunteered to answer questions (and did so correctly) about the history of April 19th, and improved his marksmanship dramatically over the course of the two days. The entire Morgan family, and Billy, were also a joy to have at the event. I am confident that all have Rifleman patches in their futures. 

In spite of the 26 degree weather on Friday, all paid close attention, and no one complained. The only suggestion was that it would have been nice to have some hot coffee...we may do that at the next cold Appleseed.  We did have plenty of hand warmers available and did much of our instruction and all of our history in a nearby heated classroom. Many thanks to Palousie, HazMatt1, Cuz, Guardian and Josh H for their tremendous help. Cuz drove up from Gadsden, AL to submit his PC, got promoted to AC/RSO, and served as RSO.  Josh H drove over from Knoxville, still in a special sling from shoulder surgery only two weeks ago, to not only request his Orange Hat, but stayed to RSO and help instruct. Congratulations also to HazMatt1 on promotion to IIT2.

It was truly an honor and a privilege to work with this team and with this group of participants.

(Pictures to follow)

Everett Womack (CokeGuy), Shoot Boss

FourFans

A bunkhouse at the range, with no DI's? What a cool idea.. Looks like a fun shoot.
"should something happen,,tell the children of this night".
   --credited to Capt Parker, April 18th '75

22 A DAY

Hardbean

I was excited to finally take an orange hat!!!  Thanks to Cokeguy for allowing me to have one.  Now for some homework to get me up to speed.  Looking forward to the upcoming Instructor Boot Camp.

To experience an Appleseed from the other side is probably more fun than shooting.  Well, maybe not.  But it's a close race!  It's very satisfying to help a struggling shooter improve their skills. 

I always have a great time at Wear's Valley Ranch.  It's a great facility and a great staff.