News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NRA RSO Class in Pontiac IL

Started by 2 clicks low, February 05, 2016, 12:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2 clicks low

I will be teaching an NRA RSO class on April 8, 2016 at the Pontiac Sportsman Club.

While this credential carries no value with RWVA your local club may appreciate your having it. In most clubs the easiest way to get your hours is to RSO.

Class is from 8 to 5 (9 hours).

Cost is $50 including manuals and pizza for lunch. This does NOT include the NRA registration fee of $50 ($30 for NRA members) for 2 years payable online after the class.

This class is NOT for new shooters. You will be expected to unload and make safe ANY firearm handed to you.

2 clicks low

Link to register  https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nrainstructors.org%2FCourseDetails.aspx%3FCourseid%3D369758%26seats%3D30%26State%3Dn%26zip%3D61764%26radius%3D25.1%26id%3D5%26bsa%26youth%26women&h=tAQG2169K
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Rev.357

I am interested in the NRA RSO training in Pontiac on April 8th. I am NRA Patron and Golden Eagles member, an ISRA Life member, and a GSL member.  I am a 4-H Certified Rifle Instructor and an Appleseed IIT.  May I register and pay on site on the 8th? What can I do or read to prepare for the training? What will I need to bring? Are there plenty of openings for others?
He that beliveth on the Son hath everlasting life: John 3:36
Life: Endowed by our Creator, made possible by Christ the Lord.

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Galatians 5:1
Liberty: Endowed by our Creator, made possible by Christ the Lord.

Repent yet therefore, and be converted, Acts 3:19
Pursuit of Happiness: Endowed by our Creator, coined by John Locke, made possible by Christ our Lord.

Author of: "Ad  Hoc,  Post Hoc; Educational Programs In Camping." Christian Education Journal, Winter 1993.
Author of: Interpersonal Physics: Authority Statics and Effectivity Dynamics as Factors of Influence. Wheaton,  IL: UMI 1991.

2 clicks low

Hi,

Do to the ranges request the date has been moved to 4/16. I can not make that date but by cohort Fred Gebbia will be running the class. Please register online at https://www.nrainstructors.org/CourseDetails.aspx?Courseid=369758&seats=30&State=y&SearchState=IL&id=5&bsa=&youth=&women=

You can pay at the class. Yes there is lots of room but keep in mind that he will need time to order manuals.

No you do not need to bring anything. All will be provided.

Shooter30-06

Ray, the NRA Counselor will have a packet of materials to hand out and a prepared presentation. The test is not difficult if you pay attention.  It is worthwhile and you are to be commended for attending.
"We cannot insure success but we can deserve it."-John Adams
"Remember, all men would be tyrants if they could."-Daniel Defoe

Rev.357

Thanks Steve.  The 8th was a good date for me. With children scheduling is everything. The 16th is a Saturday, 4-H,  and Cross Trails Banquet. If I could find a range and sportsman's club for the 8th, would that help? No guarantees, short notice, but I could ask.

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Galatians 5:1

Pursuit of Happiness: Endowed by our Creator, coined by John Locke, made possible by Christ our Lord.

Author of: "Ad  Hoc,  Post Hoc; Educational Programs In Camping." Christian Education Journal, Winter 1993.
Author of: Interpersonal Physics: Authority Statics and Effectivity Dynamics as Factors of Influence. Wheaton,  IL: UMI 1991.

2 clicks low

Sorry I would not be able to order manuals for the 8th. they just won't get here in time. Also I hate to have less than 5 in a class, not enough interaction.

I will post next class.

Rev.357

Thanks 2 clicks low. I am on the waiting list for Helbig in Beloit and on the list for Farchman in Muskego on the tooth of April. 4-H shooting Sports start in April then I'm booked thru June. Your post got me going the right direction. Thanks. Hope to meet you at the Appleseed and NRA encampments. My room is within walking distance of the NRAAM and Prayer Breakfast this year.