News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hernando, FL 1/30/2016

Started by PHenry, February 01, 2016, 03:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

Nearly 50% Riflemen?

21 shooters and nine Rifleman. Not at all certain I have ever encountered such a high percentage in near years of Appleseeding. We had but three instructors and were blessed with zero shooters not well squared away / not safe. What a fantastic event!  ^:)^

Went so fast, I failed to record scores, but we pieced the names together fairly well.

New Rifleman:
Kevin
Alec
Mike
Nataly
Kent
Trey (other Trey)

Repeat Riflemen:
Jim
Hannah
Madison

Andrew would have made score, but reversed round count on stage three - dang it!  :wb: Makes an excellent excuse to attend another event. By the way, Andrew was shooting a center-fire rifle, which is maybe 40% harder to make score with.

Perfect weather, great people and a fine venue - what better way to spend a weekend?

Hope to see every one of you again soon.  O0

In Liberty,
PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

308LIBERTY

More Riflemen (and Women)!!!
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

PHenry

I especially like the one with two Treys - like double trouble.  ^-^
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

smoakingun

A more than honorable mention should go out to repeat offender Hannah, who shot a score from the standing position...twice1
:bow:
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

PHenry

I'm holding that back until I see her work an event.  ^-^

Engineer shooting

Quote from: PHenry on February 01, 2016, 03:35:20 PM

Andrew would have made score, but reversed round count on stage three - dang it!  :wb: Makes an excellent excuse to attend another event. By the way, Andrew was shooting a center-fire rifle, which is maybe 40% harder to make score with.

TDog (12 years old) came to Pensacola, last weekend; he worked up from 80 to 130 on the AQT using a Tech-Sighted 10/22. Sunday afternoon he convinced dad, LawDog, to let him shoot center fire. His scores immediately jumped up to 170. I laid down next to TDog and never saw any BFJB he was like a different kid. I believe had he shot both days center fire he would have scored.  :---
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther