News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Tallahassee, Fl. Isaac Davis Memorial Range RBC January 2016

Started by Engineer shooting, January 30, 2016, 05:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

After half the Instructors and some students cancelled I was at a low point, thinking of cancelling the RBC. Never been one for quitting, the staff endeavored to persevere.

The results will speak for themselves. One new Red Hat congratulations Don. Two new Orange hats, Randy and Chris. All that were qualified to shoot "the distance" qualified KD and went home with their new patch. 100% success rate on the KD range at IDMR to date.

The boys and girls camping on the range received vast amounts of education from retired Master Chief Joe. While the Master Chief expressed some reservations about achieving a score on the KD range, using the rifle he calls "his Isaac Davis Range rifle", he went home with a patch and a smile.

Now I will leave some details out, suffice it to say this was the "Best RBC ever". Best staff, best students, best meals, best campfires, best………

Much like Shakespeare's Henry V speech

And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks

If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

Lucky Lori

WOW  what   a week   If  you  did not  attend    shame   on   you   You  missed  A  Great  week .   More comment to come.  Thank  for all who  came.
Lucky  Lori

9mm4545

You have no idea how much we missed being there! Congratulations to all those who did make it.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

Engineer shooting

Quote from: 9mm4545 on January 30, 2016, 11:07:50 PM
You have no idea how much we missed being there! Congratulations to all those who did make it.

We'll have to have a private shoot for you guys when you get back.  :---
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

AdobeWalls

RBC in N Florida winter, the best of everything: 2 days warm, 2 days rain, 2 days cold, 6 days gunsmoke! Tall tales and sea stories around the campfire every night. Command Master Chief Joe educated us all about the fine distinctions between a sea story and a fairy tale, and more than 20 rock bands were named. In other words it was a bonding experience.
But you and all the kind of Christ are ignorant and brave,
And you have wars you hardly win, and souls you hardly save.
                            -- Chesterton, Ballad of the White Horse, 1911

The easy way is always mined.  -- Murphy's Law of Combat Infantry

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way.  -- Twain

AdobeWalls

Shoot Boss Ken Tomblin, the Laird of the Range, did 100% of instruction, day after day, in good humor with some steep challenges and made it look easy - the signal of true mastery. Lucky Lori covered everything that was not handled by anyone else, and I fear that was quite a lot. Same comment.
Some shooters cruised through, others struggled with their equipment or with poor choices they made earlier in life. Reckon how I know . . . new vows were stated, but sincere this time. Not one cross word in 6 days, so shooters were all on the right track about overcoming obstacles
Photos.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way.  -- Twain

AdobeWalls

AdobeWalls

Rules of the Camp (never to be written down).

AdobeWalls

Amazing, what people will do for a little piece of cloth - but we know it's quite a bit more than that.

B.C.

Good times, what a wonderful way to spend a week. This past RBC was a experience not soon to forget. The IDMR is a place all Florida Apple Seed folks need to visit. Words alone cannot describe what wonderful folks Ken and Lori are....thank you both for everything. The instruction was top notch and the property is fantastic. Spend a week with the crew up there and I guarantee you'll come away a better shooter. There were so many great things that happened during the week to numerous to mention, the greatest of all was the brotherhood and comradery fostered between us all during the event. The wisdom of our elders was passed down around the campfire sparking deep thought and speculation into the human condition and ourselves. We even found a camp counselor in the Master Chief, he kept us young fellas in line as we were schooled on some of the finer points of life. The tidbits of knowledge and quick wit ran down hill becoming a flood of humor and provoking thoughts each night around the camp site. Life passes by in the twinkling of an eye, take some time to slow down and enjoy all the good lord has given us. Thank you all for the experience of a lifetime, until next time my friends.........

Men doing manly things in a manly fashion with other men........huzzzah!
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

Engineer shooting

Caplock came and let the troops shoot the flintlock rifle adds an extra to the RBC!    ..:..

Lucky Lori

Thanks   for  all  the  pictures  everyone  took   and   posted.  They  were  Great  and   a reminder  to all  who  attended  what  a  great  time  we  had.   It  was  a great time  both   during  the shooting   and   after  in the  evening  when  we  ate  together     talked   and  shared.   The weather    was  a challenge  but   we   got   through  fine.   Already  looking   to  our  next  event.   Hope   those  who  did not  make  it  are  jealous  and  sorry they  did   not  make  it  and will next  time.  Thanks   to all who  did make it  and  made  it  a  Wonderful  not  to be  forgotten  experience..
Lucky  Lori

Cable___Guy

What else can I say but "Great week".
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

boltin barefoot

Great group of Patriots!  So glad I got to meet everyone and I look forward to spending more time with the dedicated instructor corp at Isaac Davis.  Engineer Shooting offered me an Orange Hat and a wonderful opportunity a little over a year ago.  After spending time with him at Isaac Davis how could you say no?
It was a distinct honor on Sunday to receive my Red Hat from Engineer Shooting in the company of the whole Isaac Davis crew.

You guys inspire me!  Thanks!

falcon793

This was a wonderful experience.  I learned a lot about my equipment and how to use it effectively.  I would love to go to another KD shoot.  Thanks Ken and Lori and my fellow students for making this a great week of rifle shooting.

PHenry

QuoteWe'll have to have a private shoot for you guys when you get back.  :---
Anytime after March would be grand if that offer extends to lowly west-coasters.  ^-^
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Cable___Guy

Finally got all the pictured to post.  Had to add them to my prior posting ( so scroll up to see them)
Sorry for the delay.  Chris in the Blue hat and Joe crawling out of the truck are still my two favorites.
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

Engineer shooting

Quote from: PHenry on February 06, 2016, 11:09:12 AM
QuoteWe'll have to have a private shoot for you guys when you get back.  :---
Anytime after March would be grand if that offer extends to lowly west-coasters.  ^-^
. Say when I'll make it happen.   :bow:

PHenry

Quote. Say when I'll make it happen.

To thems not familiar with the Tomblin clan - this is the essence of what separates them from the average human. Fred defines commitment as doing what needs to be done, even when it's not convenient or comfortable. The Tomblin family defines commitment. If every Appleseeder in the program aspired to do what this family does - we'd be expanding exponentially and our beloved country would be headed in a better direction.

We can each of list off myriad excuses and reasons for why we simply cannot possibly expected to do what the Tomblins do. Liberty doesn't care. There is no "Appleseeds book of excuses". Appleseeds is a mission. There is only success or failure and any thinking human knows what failure means - slavery, despair, and misery beyond imagination.

Like him or not, Fred gave up his very comfortable retirement for Appleseeds. Only a handful of Appleseeders can attest to that level of sacrifice and the Tomblins are at the top of that woefully short list.  O0
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

FourFans

A very good friend of mine has shot in Florida repeatedly and raves about the instructor corps' in Tallahassee and Pensacola. Florida obviously is blessed,,, oh and thanks for giving us ItsanSKS.
--FF
"should something happen,,tell the children of this night".
   --credited to Capt Parker, April 18th '75

22 A DAY