News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wisconsin 250 Challenge

Started by martin, January 26, 2016, 01:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin

Hi Everyone, I've talked to many of you about this but not all so,,,,,,,,,what is the Wisconsin 250 Challenge? Well, in a nutshell, the challenge is for Wisconsin Appleseed Instructors to shoot a perfect(250 score) AQT at an Appleseed event. Now, before you start rolling your eyes back and wondering what this goofball Martin is up to now, let me explain.
I am well aware, some Instructors have been doing this already and at many events, instructors have been shooting AQT's when it is possible. Great! We teach traditional marksmanship and we should also practice traditional marksmanship. In some states, it is required to re-qualify every year if you wish to teach but I don't think we need to go there. I would rather it be fun and that you would want to do this. I also would like the students to see Instructors practicing what they preach.  It may inspire them to understand that what we teach does work and also, might let some of them see that being an Instructor isn't all work. Just maybe, we might get more instructors from this.   
With these thoughts in mind, we should have a few guidelines.

1. This is for fun. This isn't required. If you don't want to do this, don't.
2. ShootBoss discretion applies. If  he(she) can't let you shoot because it's too busy, then it is what it is. Letting Instructors shoot is not our focus at Appleseed events, it's an option. In fact, in this coming year, if we are too busy,,,,well you know what I mean.
3.  Have the ShootBoss verify and sign your perfect AQT. Put a picture on the public AAR, you should be proud of what you've done. Shooting a perfect AQT isn't easy. Does the 30 caliber rule apply? That's up to you.
4. Appleseed tells students that we will make them a marksman with standard rifle and standard ammo. Try not to get too carried away with your rifle. I've seen people stick over $1000 in a 10/22 but it didn't make them a marksman. Personally, I would really be in awe if someone could do this with a bolt action with open sights,,,,,, :bow: :bow: :bow:

So, there you have it. Please post if you have some comments.   
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

RTB

Can't wait. I'm going to give it a try :)
River Falls, WI 9/15/12 : Rifleman
River Falls, WI 4/19/13 : Rifleman
Orange Hat 9/13/13
IBC Bowler, WI 7/13/14 : Known Distance Rifleman
Red Hat 10/11/15
Shoot Boss 8/7/2016