News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas Instructors 2016 - Please check in

Started by scuzzy, January 22, 2016, 03:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

Hey all Texans. Here in the last week I've had 3 emails asking about holding an Appleseed at various ranges across the state. Talked to one of the guys yesterday who has a nice range in Lindale - including a KD range. yeehaw!!

Now I can't do all this on my own - so I need some help here. I'd really like to get Appleseed going again here in Texas.

So please - if you're willing to help me out here please check in. I need to get an idea of how we can staff potential new shoots - and existing shoots too. We will be adding some shoots to the calendar but hey we're a bit slow as is normal for Texas.

And also - we have a new Assistant State Coordinator - say howdy to Weezer. She's a real fireball and is helping me in all sorts of ways including answering all the emails we get - and man have we been getting lots of them lately.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

Weezer

Hey Scuzz, you know I'm in.   ;)

We (NJ Refugee and I) are always willing to help out with any events that don't conflict with TxSG duties...and I'm always around to answer the gmail msgs.   

"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

"Texas Forever, Six!" --Tim Riggins

TimBeatty

Tim Beatty

drip drop

2016 is pretty rough for me because of work.  I'll do what I can, but that will be restricted to working the FBG shoots if I am able.

Two Wolves

Quote from: drip drop on January 28, 2016, 12:05:49 AM
2016 is pretty rough for me because of work.  I'll do what I can, but that will be restricted to working the FBG shoots if I am able.

Mark Martinez would approve this message     ;D
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

TxBobS

I can help depending on location.  IIT only.

Weezer

Out of curiosity, how many of you would be able to do events in north/northeast Texas?     We don't have anything set in stone *yet*, but Scuzz and I are working to get a few in the vicinity of DFW and further east (potential sites are near Plano, near Tyler and over in the corner near Texarkana).   

Obviously, we all have schedules to work around, but curious to find out how many could potentially get there if the stars align.    :)

"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

Mackey Morgan

I will help! I'm in North Texas, so I can travel to East Texas, as required. Just bought a new tent.  O0

Weezer

That's awesome!    Will keep you and your fancy new tent in mind as we move forward trying to get some events in N. Texas.    It beats sleeping in the back of the minivan, as NJrefugee is doing right this minute in OK.    ;D

Gunner01

TimBeatty

I can help in North TX. Lindale and Waco will work depending on the weekend.
Tim Beatty

scuzzy

TimBeatty

I reposted your message on Facebook in the North Texas Appleseed Instructors group. Maybe we can get a few more that want to help
Tim Beatty

Gugisman

I very much look forward to helping, when/where I can. Thanks for all you do Scuzzy!
The right to freedom is the gift of God Almighty....The rights of the Colonists as Christians may be best understood by reading, and carefully studying the institutes of the great Lawgiver and head of the Christian Church: which are to be found clearly written and promuligated in the New Testament.
― Samuel Adams

Mackey Morgan

I've just barely gotten my red hat. I'm probably not ready to Shoot Boss. But I'll step up if I need to. What about the more senior instructors in N. TX? Floyd? Ashley? Kirk? Have you guys checked out on RWVA?

spitstickler

I will be as supportive as I can, but with my wife working now and kids running everywhere, my schedule is not nearly as flexible as it has been in years past.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

scuzzy

Ashley, Kirk, & Floyd are still around. I've had a few PMs in reply to this post saying they would help. So we've got a few more you haven't seen on this thread.

Floyd and spitstickler have done things recently like help out at some promo events at the DFW Cabela's.

MJoe

I can help out in the DFW area.  Depending on my family calendar, I will be able to travel to help out.

Pistolgrip

"Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ~ Mark Twain

A-lister

My time is limited but will jump in if I can. Keep up the good work!  O0
We in America do not have government by the majority-we have government by the majority who participate......All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Weezer

Awesome - sounds like we have a lot of help!   ^:)^
  There's been some talk of having another scout and/or homeschool group in Waco, likely toward the fall.   I'll keep you posted.   If that happens, we'll need all hands on deck...and I'll bring brownies to sweeten the deal   :)