News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

CIPS Bloomington, IL - Jan. 16-17, 2016

Started by Tornado, January 21, 2016, 05:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tornado

13 shooters braved the cold weather ...who am I kidding, all the shooting was done indoors at the Central Illinois Precision Shooters Range in Bloomington, IL. It was a nice, warm place. The wind chill outside was sub-zero but inside was toasty. We had a great time, learning about our American Heritage while listening to history and even scored our targets in a heated room. If you have the opportunity to attend an event there on a Winter's day I would highly recommend it.

When it was all over there were 3 new Riflemen, 2 re-qualifications, and 2 new orange hats added to the Appleseed ranks.

Congratulations to Olivia, Morgan, and Jason on your Rifleman score and patch!  :cool2: Terry and Dave re-qualified. Well done!  O0

Welcome to our new IIT's Jason or jps6882 as he's known on the forum and Olivia. I know you will both be great!

I want to thank Coach Miller from CIPS and Darnall's for hosting the event and all those who provided lunch. Thank you Dave OutofAmmo and Joann PlentyofAmmo for your help.

Also, the instructors for running a safe, informative, and fun event.

Those of you who were close, and there were several of you, dry practice at home. The ammo's cheap and you'll be ready the next time. It was a pleasure to get to know you.

Pictures to follow.

-Tornado
"Great things have been affected by a few Men well Conducted."

George Rogers Clark

AK

Appleseed in Illinois in January. Where else but the CIPS range in Bloomington? It is a fabulous facility. So lucky to have it. I would also like to say congratulations to Olivia, Morgan, and Jason. Great job. They persevered to attain their goal. Congratulations to Terry and Dave on their re-qualifications. And a big WELCOME to our two new orange hats, Olivia and Jason. Look forward to working the line with both of you. I am attaching some pictures.
I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

"We here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain; that this nation shall have a new birth of freedom; and that this government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." ~Abraham Lincoln

Laredo

Looks like a great shoot! 

Olivia, Morgan, and Jason - Congratulations on scoring Rifleman!  To those that are close:  Remember, a rifleman persists!

Thanks to all the instructors that made this event happen!!!
April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

Tornado

Photos:

"Great things have been affected by a few Men well Conducted."

George Rogers Clark