News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bald Knob, AR. Jan. 16-17, 2016

Started by Morpheus, January 19, 2016, 12:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morpheus

Wow! What a great way to start a new year of Appleseeding for this Shoot Boss!

This weekend in Bald Knob, AR. saw the gathering of some of the finest Americans that I have ever met. 24 shooters were on the line Saturday morning and we had them packed into that firing line rather snugly:) Being so close to your neighbor probably helped with the chilly wind since everyone stuck with it all day! (The fire pit also helped some of the blue lips and shivering knees.)

Saturday we introduced the shooters to the three pillars of marksmanship: the Steady Hold Factors (SHF), the Six Steps to Firing the Shot, and Natural Point of Aim (NPOA). We also heard the Story of April 19, 1775 and about the sacrifices made to secure our liberties. The first Redcoat Target showed us that we had 11 of the 24 shooters who had an effective range of 100y or better. At the end of the day we had 19 shooters grouping on the Redcoats and two of those targets were cleaned!! Huzzah!! The one AQT that we shot on Saturday afternoon saw a returning Rifleman re-qualify. Well done Justin A. !!

Sunday morning was colder, but with more sunshine and less wind. With 19 returning shooters we reviewed the instruction from Saturday, shot a Redcoat to get us started and then continued the quest to forge more Riflemen! After lunch we had the shooters pair up for a Ball and Dummy drill and then resumed the AQT Grind. There were many great scores and much improvement for the weekend but we did find two new Riflemen: Matt S. scored a 212 and Chris G. shot a 221! O0 There was also a 241 turned in by a new IIT, Well done Evan!! :bow:

The youth shooters who attended this event are always a treat to see and that is what drives me to return to each shoot that I do. Thank you to Katie F., Aaron F., Caleb G., the other Caleb G., Jimmy M., and Courtney S.  (BTW, Courtney almost matched her dad on Sunday with an AQT score of 200!)

I was a bit busy this weekend and didn't get any decent pictures to post. If you have them please share them here and give us your feedback. Thank you!

I hope that everyone had a weekend to remember and will make plans to attend another Appleseed soon. Remember that a Rifleman PERSISTS!! Thank you all for making my drive from N. GA so worth the effort. Should I be needed, I would do it again.

In Liberty,
Steve
"The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry
"We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it." Nancy Pelosi (and Paul Ryan, kinda)

sticksnstones

I can only agree with the caliber of folks that attended. We had them from all ages and genders. Surprising with the amount of iron sights on the line, the improvement and the great scores being shown throughout the weekend. Everyone showed their drive by dealing with the chilly temps. The comradely and teamwork were also great highlights throughout the weekend. Most every attendee came with a very open mind to learning and seemed to soak up the information and it showed on paper. I hope to see every one come to another appleseed event
"These a the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in the crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman."
Thomas Paine

Res"Q"John

Before we get the "This Thread is Worthless Without Pics", here are some pics taken off our FB page.
"The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave." - Patrick Henry

KPUC

I am pretty sure that my score was 216, not 222. I do need to say thanks to all that helped me make it, finally.  Sticks, John(s), Rusty, Doug, Ethan, Andy, Julius, Mutti and kids,conibear and a whole lot of other folks that helped me along the way.  If I did not list your name, it was not because you did not help; it is probably just because I am short-minded. 
216 at Bald Knob, AR on 1/17/16
A rifleman persists; it took me six Appleseeds, a number of equipment changes and a trip to the eye doctor to qualify.  Pumpkinseed is my only daughter.

connibear

Chris, congrats to you. I am so glad you hung in there and managed to get it done. I wish I could have been there to see it happen. You certainly deserve it.
Congrats to everyone and thank you Morpheus for coming over to help out
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

JTuckett

Once again thanks to all the instructors. Had a really good time and a great group of folks to Injoy some good range time.