News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Match Schedule

Started by BillJac, January 18, 2016, 10:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillJac

I'm only seeing two events for all of Texas on the schedule.  What's going on?  My personal interest is in DFW.  However, I'll travel if needed.
You aren't pro 2A if you only want guns for people who look and think like you.

Saudiaggie

I know they've also had classes in Waco and Fredricksburg...and I would have hoped for more than 2 for the entire year. Maybe I'll just get into 3-gun. An 8 hour drive from Houston to Midland isn't worth it.

scuzzy

We'll get some more events on the schedule sometimes soon.

For some reason Texas has always been really slow getting events scheduled. I guess it's a Texas tradition? Don't know.

I do know that both the Waco and Fredericksburg locations are still hammering things out with the range boards.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

natlmatch

Thanks for putting these events together for us. I'm ready for another Milican/Cawthorn AS!

Take care all!

Weezer

Scuzzy - you want me to give Gunner01 a call re: Waco?    Last time I checked with him, he was waiting for the board to finalize the schedule.   I *think* they might have had the meeting to do that.   
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

"Texas Forever, Six!" --Tim Riggins

scuzzy

Quote from: Weezer on January 22, 2016, 05:27:45 PM
Scuzzy - you want me to give Gunner01 a call re: Waco?    Last time I checked with him, he was waiting for the board to finalize the schedule.   I *think* they might have had the meeting to do that.

Yup.

Quote from: natlmatch on January 21, 2016, 09:48:04 PM
Thanks for putting these events together for us. I'm ready for another Milican/Cawthorn AS!

Take care all!

I did get a PM - we're definitely going to have some events there.

Weezer

Scuzzy - I talked to Gunner01 and he said that the range has given a verbal regarding matches; however, has not given him a final schedule.   They had their annual meeting on the 10th, so his hope is that they'll get that to him ASAP. 

Also, I'm going to follow up with the two ranges out east of here that showed some interest.  I know you're way farther away than we are, so NJrefugee and I are happy to help out with whatever we can...and it's a good excuse to go shooting in addition to talking Appleseed business.   ;)
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

Weezer

College Station dates are up!    ^:)^
Waco is soon to follow - Gunner01 just got the confirmed 2016 schedule last night from CTRP.   Scuzzy is working tirelessly to get those up on the Appleseed website, along with everything else he has to do.    We'll be in Waco every 3rd weekend for 2016!  Woo hoo!   ^:)^

Thanks, Scuzzy!   :bow: :bow:

And thanks to all the SBs and IITs working with ranges to keep Appleseed events going.    O0   

scuzzy

BillJac

I'm planning on making the Waco February shoot.  In Waco is this 22lr only?  Is there a KD shoot as well?
You aren't pro 2A if you only want guns for people who look and think like you.

scuzzy

Quote from: BillJac on February 13, 2016, 12:45:13 AM
I'm planning on making the Waco February shoot.  In Waco is this 22lr only?  Is there a KD shoot as well?

The Waco range allows centerfire. We don't have any KD shoots scheduled - hopefully at least one will be scheduled though. Still working on the details with the land owner. That range is a few miles down the road from the Waco gun club.