News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Here is a good opportunity for Virginians to get involved in things political

Started by The Wolfhound, January 13, 2016, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wolfhound

LOBBY DAY IS UPON US! :sos:
If your firearms rights and the shenanigans of our elected Commonwealth officials are important to you, (membership here makes me believe it DOES matter to you) you need to make the trip to Richmond on Monday.  The MLK holiday is the opportunity.  Join likeminded people, meet your legislators eye to eye, make a point, make a difference.  When our Governor, Attorney General and State Police Superintendent conduct tyranny that would make King George III blush, it is time to step up.  Join with the membership of The Virginia Citizens Defense League and lobby the legislature.  Numbers matter especially when shenanigans are being pulled. No experience needed.  You will see many familiar faces.     Historically we manage 500- 1000 folks.  Lets pack the General Assembly Building in a way they will never forget.  Let's get thousands of people there.  Tell your government how you feel.  Remind them who they actually work for.  Bring the kids (they have the day off school), hear the speakers, actually meet YOUR legislators (you have likely heard me preach this part!).  Join me.  Dress warmly! :sos:

olefido

Richard Anderson(R), 51st district(Prince William County) is a former National Commander of Civil Air Patrol and a retired USAF officer. I have met him through CAP. I don't particularly know his voting record on 2A issues, but he is good people from my experience. Might be someone to invite to a shoot or send a letter to.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

BD

Monday is almost here.
Who's coming?
I'll be there with friends.  It's a great way to set the tone for the legislative sesssion this year.
Up the Republic

The Wolfhound

Another year is upon us and another Lobby Day is coming.  With the changes in the House, a good turnout is essential.

BD

I've put in for the day off, since it is not a holiday at our company.
Everybody should be there.  Tell Isaac Davis that you're too busy to come....

The House of Delegates was bought with out of state money and we don't have the luxury of leaving them alone.
We also get to spend the day together under arms.  What's not to like?
Up the Republic

BrotherPilot

Sadly, I will be in Texas.  Happily, earning good pay.  Is there a good way, in absentia, to contact folks and make my views known for Lobby Day?  Besides the obvious of writing letters and emails which I will most assuredly do.
Jay
VA State Coordinator
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."  ―Samuel Adams

The Wolfhound

OddsREven

I will be participating in the senate hearing for Amanda Chase's bill to allow fire/ems to carry on duty. I will join the other side of the street if I time allows

Oddsreven