News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hollywood, Florida January 9-10, 2016

Started by 9mm4545, January 12, 2016, 11:13:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

9mm4545

Sometimes you just know that you are going to have a truly exceptional event from the start. I have come to expect great things at the Hollywood shoots but this shoot was amazing. Our shooters showed great attitudes and soaked up the instruction like, well, sponges--very thirsty sponges. For a firing line that stretched seemingly from horizon to horizon, our shoot was remarkably free of troubles other than the usual issues of rifles that would not cooperate and the occasional target malfunction due to the wind or a stray bullet striking the wire backer supports. It was so good to see so many familiar faces, both among the shooters as well as the instructors. By the end of the weekend we had 14 (!) new or re-qualified Riflemen. There were so many that it was difficult to keep up so I will simply say congratulations to all those who shot the score and to everyone who improved--which was everyone! All of this would have been impossible without the fantastic help of some remarkable instructors who came from as far away as Alaska. Thank you Eric, Smoak, Janet, Neil, Chris, Joe, and our newest instructor in training, Wendy. You guys rock! And we could not ask for more hospitable hosts than Chuck and the members of Hollywood Rifle and Pistol Club. These folks take Liberty seriously. I can't wait until we can come back! Rumor has it that there were photos taken so stay tuned, they are coming. To everyone: thanks for coming out and let us hear from you. HUZZAH! 
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

scuzzy

I just received this email to our general inquiries email address.

Subject Line: Project Appleseed Shoot, Hollywood, FL January 9-10, 2016

Dear Revolutionary War Veterans Association,   Wow, just Wow!   My daughter and attended this event; it was the first Appleseed for both of us.    Rather than give you a real-time recount of our OUTSTANDING experience, I'd like to point out several personal observations    Your volunteers could not have been nicer, better prepared, more knowledgeable or passionate about history, shooting and instruction. Their commitment and dedication is unquestionable and their enthusiasm is contagious.   Collectively they provided skilled gunsmithing, guidance and advice which contributed to my daughter (a true novice shooter) going from Marksman level on her first AQT to a Sharpshooter on her last; a gain of over 40 points! She hooked and already making plans to attend another event.   I can't thank them or your organization enough.   Keep up the GREAT work. 
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

9mm4545

Photos were promised so here are a few for your amusement. If anyone has more, please feel free to share.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837