News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bleg for volunteers - CFRPC Ladies' Day (Orlando) April 2, 2016!

Started by xsquidgator, January 05, 2016, 06:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xsquidgator

Ladies' Day 2016 at Central Florida Rifle and Pistol club will be on April 2, 2016, and Appleseed will be represented!

Looking for volunteers to help us run our own 25 yard bay.  This will be the 3rd year Appleseed will participate.  We'll do something like we have in years past (http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=43939.0) with groups of ladies progressing through about 3 short stations: a safety brief, a shooting station where they'll shoot 5 rounds or so, and a short (< 5min) bit of history while waiting in line between the safety brief and the shooting station.

We can use instructors and volunteers, and loaner rifles if you have them.  CFRPC will provide the 22 ammo.

Last year we ran something like 100 ladies through our bay, and several of the ladies returned to an Appleseed event at the club in the months following and brought their families.  It's been a good time, please PM or email me if you'd like to come and spend Ladies' Day at CFRPC with us!

Cable___Guy

Tom, If am not out of town I will be there.
Let me check the date with the Wife and confirm.
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

Squeeeeezer

I would be interested in volunteering to help out if you need someone other than instructors.

Donna

minnesotarabit

Hello Ya'll, Crabby Old Boiler Guy and I may be able to make it for at least half a day to volunteer. It is a ways off for him to know his schedule, but I will plan on being there for sure at least a half day if not the whole day.

It will fall nicely between Ladyseed and Patriot's Day!

minnesotarabit

the "road to glory in a patriot army and a free country is…open to all." - Gen. George Washington, August 7, 1782, in creation of the Badge of Merit

"We, and all others who believe in freedom as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." -   Thomas Jefferson, Jan. 30, 1787

9mm4545

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

xsquidgator

Thanks everyone for responding!  We would be delighted to have everyone.  I didn't mention it, but if I haven't been in touch with you , please PM me or email me (wagneth -at gmail-dot-com) your first and last name, and a good contact # such as a cell phone for "just in case".  I didn't mention it, but CFRPC will provide lunch to all volunteers, and I do need to give them the basic info on everyone who's helping out.
Thanks again! 

TomM1Thumb

" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

xsquidgator

For the 2016 CFRPC Ladies' Day, ten volunteers braved wind and rain to bring a bit of Appleseed to the Ladies' Day event!  The range hosted 349 ladies for a day at the range.  115 of these ladies came by the Appleseed bay for a very quick bit of instruction and the chance to send a few rounds at a redcoat.  If this year is like previous ones, we will be seeing a number of these ladies and some of their families at future Appleseeds.
A big huzzah to for BlackJack6, 9mm4545, Rambogranny, TomM1Thumb, minnesotarabit, archangel762, Cable_guy, packinvet, and several other non-forum members (TomT, and his son, Nick) for helping make this a great day! 

minnesotarabit

Good day with great company, archangel762 and I thoroughly enjoyed the day, the rain kept away the bugs and heat, and I think we will see some new Appleseeders out of the crowd. We both agreed it was a fine way to spend a Saturday. Thanks for asking us to help out!
the "road to glory in a patriot army and a free country is…open to all." - Gen. George Washington, August 7, 1782, in creation of the Badge of Merit

"We, and all others who believe in freedom as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." -   Thomas Jefferson, Jan. 30, 1787