News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructor Development KD Shoot - Fennville, MI - January 3, 2016

Started by SteelThunder, January 03, 2016, 08:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteelThunder

Thanks to the 20 Michigan Instructors that braved the cold and snow (and feeling like the Sta-Puffed Marshmallow Man in our snow suits) for coming to our Instructor Development KD Shoot at the Fennville Rod and Gun Club.  Your attendance, good nature, helpful suggestions and great skill shown were inspirational.  In addition, this was a great show to the FR&GC Board, several of whom witnessed our shoot and I think came away impressed.  A big thanks to Steve and Brenda Williams for coordinating as our host and for feeding us....that was AWESOME (what little I got).  I'll be sending a thank you note to the Fennville Rod and Gun Club Board of Directors letting them know how much we appreciated them letting us use the range. 

A special thanks to my partner in crime...Oz fielded many questions and "what ifs" from me over the last 3 weeks and volunteered to be a team captain.  Also congratulations to our new KD qualified Riflemen...ITB, ICEMAN, mrsurplus and our requalifying RM...IRONSIDES (36/40!!), Superheat and Miki.  Great job everyone in adverse conditions.

If you have suggestions on how to make an event at this range go smoother/shorter time, let me know.  We bounced around MANY scenarios but as you saw, changed things on the fly to accommodate the range set up.  Hope you learned a lot and let me know if you'd like to do this again (summer?).  We're also trying to get an inaugural Appleseed at this range as well.  I think we put forward a good face of the organization today.

Thanks again and see you at the MIchigan IBC on February 27-28, 2016. 

NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

DrRichP

I would like to congratulate ITB, mr surplus, and Iceman for qualifying as KD Rifleman. I hope you each received the coveted Winterseed patch.

I would also like to congratulate Miki, Superheat, and IRONSIDES for re-qualifying as KD Rifleman!

Bravo team, and thank you for your dedication!!

DrRichP
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

ITB

Since our esteemed shoot boss deemed fit to not post this picture, I will.   >:D

Ironsides, and the official Michigan KD winter hat:

Also looking forward to the picture of Miki's deceased shooting mat.  Not just a bullet hole in the mat, but it took out the clasp for the shoulder strap, too.
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

Oz

What a great day!  I had a fantastic time and learned a lot at my first full distance shoot.  Thank you to SteelThunder for planning this, to Brenda and Steve for their work getting us this opportunity, and to the Fennville club for generously allowing us to have the day!   

There is nothing like a hot lunch at a winter shoot and the meal Brenda put together was absolutely spectacular.   :bow:  Ummm...Zazzles would like the recipes.  Yes, that's it...Zazzles.   @) 

Congrats to all the Full Distance Riflemen!  I was privileged to shoot alongside you and see you "walk the walk".

I need one of those hats.
"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."

Miki

It isn't actually dead...just a tad ventilated...he's feeling a lot better...I think he'd like to go for a walk.

Superheat

I'll trade you one without a hole in it for that one.  It has range cred' now.

ITB

Quote from: Miki on January 06, 2016, 03:22:58 PM
It isn't actually dead...just a tad ventilated...he's feeling a lot better...I think he'd like to go for a walk.

Just a flesh wound.  I've had worse.
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

SteelThunder

NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Ramblin' Wreck

Looking at these pictures makes me feel a lot better about the mid 30 degree temps we had at our KD in Pelham, TN on New Year's day. Y'all are hard core.  O0

Way to go.

Ramblin' Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

D.S.S.

"not dead yet"..."I feel like dancing"...
"Somehow, it is OK for little Johnny to shoot and kill in a gory bloody mess aliens and humans alike, but it is absolutely evil to actually shoot at a paper target at a range."  --Marco Vorobiev

The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time.  If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, it expects what never was and never will be.  --Thomas Jefferson

Aim small...miss small! --The Patriot (movie)