News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waco, TX December 19, 2015

Started by scuzzy, December 27, 2015, 12:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

We had a good crowd out for this event. There were 18 preregs. But 4 no shows. Seems there is a lot of people with some type of illness which is a lot like a very serious chest cold. Had it myself around Thanksgiving and it hung on forever it seemed like.

I had gunner01, weezer, and njrefugee out to help. Thanks guys.

The weather cooperated and was very nice.

And like last month's event we had a huge percentage of people who had either not done much if any shooting and a large number who had not shot in many many years. It seems that a lot of people have decided to either get into the shooting sports of start shooting again after a long absence. And as such many rifle issues which had to be addressed.

It was a fast paced day and everybody paid attention. By the time we finished up it was almost dark. We finished the last redcoat just in time. Not safety issued - which is nice.

Unfortunately we did not get one patch given out. However that is OK - everybody learned a lot and the last redcoat scores had doubled from the mornings.

There won't be any pictures for this event. There were so many people that didn't want their pictures taken that we decided not to do so. Reminds me of the old adage about when people fear the govt there is tyranny about.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.