News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sunland, CA - December 26-27, 2015

Started by Camljr, December 27, 2015, 01:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camljr

Today started out clear and cold... for California...
42 degrees when I arrived at 7am.

9 true patriots arrived on this Christmas weekend to learn how marksmanship made the difference back in 1775.

By mid morning, the cold weather was not the issue as much as the shifting, pulsing winds gusting up to 40 MPH, causing the target backers to explode into a tornado of cardboard and targets ripped from the backers.  We had gotten a taste early and had staked each shooting mat down on all four corners, which helped keep the rifles from being launched halfway down the range with the mats again...

we only lost 2 attendees at lunch time, and the rest kept at it through the almost hurricane conditions at times...

Paul posted a 188 with his M1a center fire rifle. Been to a few other Appleseeds before and brought his family with him this time... they will have a unique memory of this day's weather. No riflemen today, but much improvement,and I feel we will have a few that make the cut tomorrow.

Eight attendees returned on Sunday and the weather was MUUUCH better. It seems that the TV Weather guessers were lucky with the forecasts. Still cold in the morning, but warmed up to about 55 with NO wind to speak of.

Refresher went quickly since no new attendees, and equipment issues were worked out on Saturday, so we got right to it. Lunch time stories were well received, and everyone got involved by reading the playing cards with names and stories on them. After lunch, the AQT's came out and quite a few early qualified (Marksman) scores and a few sharpshooter scores posted.

We ended the day with no rifleman scores, but 14 year old Samantha posted the high score of the day with a 202 and a 208! So Close... I am sure she will get there next time with a little dry fire practice...

Paul scored a high of 188, Victor- 189, Krista-168, Anthony-148, Frank-135, and Kennedy squeaked a 125 to qualify Marksman.

I had a great weekend, met a lot of fine Americans, and am a good kinda sore...
Thanks to my instructors Rocdale and TwoBeagles... couldn't have done it without you two!

We also had surprise visits from instructors Redfeather and Whangdoodle. It was a pleasant surprise...

Please feel free to post your comments and any pictures that you might have taken... We appreciate feedback from the Attendees.

Enjoy the photos below that I took on Sunday....

Remember, Spread the message of Liberty and our heritage....
96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

twobeagles

Indeed, another perfect Appleseed weekend. The winds on Saturday were pretty fierce. They did rip backers down, blow enough to move rocks on piles of papers which sent that flying as well. But, a first for those of us at attendance at this Appleseed was the fact that the wind was so strong IT BLEW THE PORTA POTTY OVER!!!!!  Luckily, no one was in it at the time.  O0.   In typical Rifleman fashion, some ran after the backers, some ran after the papers & yes a few even ran to the PORTA POTTY to upright it. WOW, that was some wind.
All of our participants stuck it out and finished the day. They even came back for Sunday. We had great weather on Sunday, calm and perfect temperatures. All of the students paid attention and absorbed all the information thrown at them. Although we did not get any Rifleman this weekend; we did have a few knocking at the door. We will see them back to get over the hump and earn their patch.
I enjoyed being with all of you and having the Privilege of sharing some stories and marksmanship with all of you. What a perfect way to spend a weekend!!!  ^:)^

Camljr

:pics:

So... here are a few taken on Sunday....
96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

Camljr

more....
96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

Theodore Roosevelt

Trigger Guard

Would like to thank Camljr and Twobeagles for their excellent instruction this weekend.

This was my fourth, Krista's second, Kennedy's second and Sean's first. It was also a first for Vic and his son VeeJay.
The kids really enjoined the experience and are planning our next Appleseed at Bakersfield in March.
Hopefully our lefty middle boy(23) can make it to this one, it will be his second.

Thanks again,
Trigger