News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manheim, PA - 2015 Dec 19-20

Started by mal, December 23, 2015, 07:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mal

Well, the "heatwave" we had last week in the north east and continue to experience this week before Christmas took a little time out juuust long enough to make the event a rather chilly one.  It was in the low 20s during registration and managed to climb up to the upper 30s at sun's height and the 10-20mph winds on Saturday made it down-right cold!  Yet 14 new souls and 2 veterans to the trail braved the chill to come out and shoot with us, which I think is a record for a December Manheim event to the best of my memory. 

I had a great time this weekend out in the cold with this group of fine people and I'm certain Gary (RoverAce) and Dave (navionpa) feel the same.  Appleseed just seems to attract the best, and it's always a please to meet and serve them. 

We had 4 individuals clear the Redcoat, setting them among the PA First Rifles; Martin was our first Saturday morning, followed by his son Carter as well as Sonny and Kevin that eve.  Congrats all!

We also turned out 2 new Riflemen.  Greg was our first scoring a 212 on our first of 2 Rapid Fire QDAQTs.  Nicely done! 

Toward the end of Sunday KevinM picked up a patch with a 213.  Congrats! 

A veteran Appleseeder & Rifleman JamesT  stepped and accepted an orange hat, joining the instructor ranks here at Manheim.  Thank you James!  (Info inbound so keep an eye out for it)

Cliff and Sonny… I'm failing you guys!  Next time out both of you WILL score Expert or I'll have Gary & Dave think of some embarrassing punishment for me. 

To our youths Jack, James and Carter, hope you had fun and thanks for keeping this a safe event.  Come on back and drag BOTH your parents with ya!

KevinF and Michelle, I knew we instructors had our work cut out when I asked who were new shooters and you two help up your brand new 10/22s… still in the sealed box.  OK, OK, it didn't go quite that way, and you both did great!  Hope to see you both back for more time on the tools.  You just started a very rewarding journey.  Don't let it end! 

Jeff, good to meet you and we'd love to see ya in the Commonwealth any time.  Next time see if you can drag kdan with ya!   

Daniel, big strides this weekend.  Good job.  Next time we'll hone those skills some more. 

JamesW & Beau, my apologies, but I didn't get down to the 3rd bay all weekend, but you were in good hands.  I'll do better next time. 

Thanks all for coming out and when I say I hope to see you all again, I really do mean it.  Take care and pics to follow.

~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

Riflemen Greg and KevinM.

Congrats fellas!
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

PA First Rifles Martin, Sonny, KevinM & Carter.  Nice guys!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

JamesT joining the instructor corps.  Thank you for your future service to this program and to this nation.
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

More pics!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

JamesT

I just wanted to say thanks again to Mike, Gary, and Dave for keeping things going in Manheim. It's my pleasure to help out in any way. This is definitely a worthwhile program and the instruction is top shelf.

I was encouraged to see so many turn out in this weather. Everyone was safe and shot well I thought. Congrats to those who took home a patch! Come back and invite someone along next time. I'd be missing all this fun if a co worker didn't bring me to the first one. Thanks Cliff! Till next time.