News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Baconton, GA 12 December 2015, Southwest GA Shooting Association

Started by goose, December 16, 2015, 01:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goose

An outstanding Saturday made possible by 3 sign-ups blossoming to 9 on the line, and the three dedicated Instructors who joined me and made this event a fine success!

Two American youth, One Rifleman, and some seriously good shooting across the line all blessed with a beautiful sunny day.

Excellent instruction from Brian, Jeff and John!

Teachable attitudes from Chase, Dot, OJ, Devan, Greg, Audrey, Ben, David and Andrew!

Special thanks to Greg and Noel for hosting Appleseed.   ^:)^

Pics to follow, too.
"The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable..." - H.L. Mencken

Engineer shooting

Sorry I couldn't make this one, you either like Bacon(ton) or you're wrong!

Great range, great owners, great people.
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

goose

I should start the day with the group photo when the hair and makeup are fresh...and, I won't forget to take the picture.

Just an outstanding day all around.  We had folks driving hours to get here, we had 5 walk-ons that filled the line...one of these days Noel, Greg and Dennis are gonna need another shelter to expand into!  As we work toward building a local Instructor corp, the events are very promising in the level of skill and determination to improve marksmanship.

Instructors making the drive...Tallahassee, Macon, Elberton...to deliver the mission of History, Heritage and Marksmanship.

Scores heading toward 200, Devan just shy of 210, David exemplifying his Marine Corps skills and earning his Rifleman patch at his first Appleseed.  From the start of the day on squares, the results show a high level of good skills that need perfect practice to hone them into precision.

More than holes-in-paper and the points of instruction is the camaraderie, the time spent with sons and daughters, the History of this great experiment in a Republic, and the making of new friends and associates who might be a neighbor who might become your range buddy...who might take an Orange Hat to help build a Nation of Riflemen.

My thanks to everyone.  Chase, Dot, OJ, Devan, Greg, Audrey, Ben, David and Andrew for making this Baconton Appleseed a great finish to 2015.  Brian, Jeff and John for your incredible support as Instructors in the *drive* to make this event successful and rewarding.

Merry Christmas!

-goose
"The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable..." - H.L. Mencken

DrJohn

It was quite a drive down from north Georgia but worth every mile. I so enjoyed meeting new friends and especially appreciated the enthusiasm and warm hospitality that seem so abundant in your neck of the woods. I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas and a new year filled with every blessing. And may Liberty increase forever!
"It is an indispensable duty, my brethren, which we owe to God and our country, to rouse up and bestir ourselves, and, being animated with a noble zeal for the sacred cause of liberty, to defend our lives and fortunes, even to the shedding of the last drop of blood....