News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Piru, CA Dec 12-13 AAR

Started by bob 210, December 15, 2015, 02:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob 210

Placeholder. Post your pics here
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

Pb-J

A big thank you goes Dan, Boris and other volunteer, IIT's who helped Bob run this event.  We sure had good instruction and logistical help with the content of this course and many courses of fire.  Also, 40% women on the firing line was an unexpected surprise for we grizzled & dangerous (?) old men.
The weather for this event was ideal [except for the last hour, with sprinkles and winds kicking up.]

But TBK, the mechanical issues with my 22-Rifle were enough of a hurdle for that last 2 or 3 hours to really test my patience and persistence with only about 90% of my rounds getting successfully from magazine to chamber to target-sheets.  And maybe I have to get better at simply ignoring problems and getting on [accurately] with hitting those black tombstones.  Sorry, but I took no photos.
Four days after the AS-Event, I exercised my 5.56 carbine with zero mechanical issues in 100-rnds.   So maybe that is the preferred device for me.
As I told Bob [our master instructor & patriot]  on Sunday, I will have to rely on persistence to get me back for yet another Appleseed weekend in 2016.
-jeff