News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

WI IBC and planning meeting; Jan 23, 2016

Started by JoeZ, December 14, 2015, 07:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeZ

The annual planning meeting has been moved to the Milwaukee area at the request of our SC. The old tradition of holding an IBC concurrent with the meeting has been revived.

The meeting hall at the Daniel Boone club has been reserved and they have graciously given us this use for no charge!

The purpose here is to include the majority of instructors from this area into the planning and helping to further standardize our product (make us look more professional).

Hope to see you all there,
JoeZ
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

DrRichP

Thanks Joe. The planning meeting is on TIPS. Please use TIPS to sign up.  :)

Wisconsin State IBC will be held on January 23, 2016 at the Daniel Boone Conservation Club Hall in Hubertus, WI. 

Daniel Boone Conservation Club
4694 Highway 167, Hubertus, WI 53033
GPS: N  43.2513     W -88.2718

from Milwaukee: 94 west to 164, take 164 north to Hwy 167, turn left heading west club entrance is ½ mile on the right

Anyone who wears an RWVA hat is invited to attend.  Anyone who might be interested in wearing one of those funny-looking RWVA hats is welcome to attend, but please PM me so we can discuss.

Attendance is strongly encouraged.  Aw, heck, let's just say attendance is mandatory.   ~~:)  If you are unable to attend, please PM Martin to work out alternate arrangements.

We're going to be a large group.  This is your single, best opportunity to meet a large portion of the Wisconsin cadre and talk, share stories, and learn from them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're asking everyone to register on TIPS.

Times:
   Saturday - 8 AM until bed time (Please plan to arrive no later than 7:30 AM)

Meals: 
   Saturday - TBD
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is an IBC?  An IBC is an intense, drinking-from-the-fire hose, weekend of interactive classwork (indoors, all weekend), where all instructors will get plenty of hands-on instruction and mentoring, while building friendships and camaraderie.   You shouldn't have any fear/trepidation about attending.  Bring the skills you have, and be ready to learn.  You WILL learn a lot, and have fun.

Blue Hats - Get to know the instructor corps, see what goes on "behind the scenes," learn how to help run a safe event, learn/practice the points of instruction and history in case you might want to change your hat color in the future.  We want you doing POIs, breakouts, troubleshooting - everything!

Orange Hats - This is a great way to get a leg up for 2016.  You'll have ample opportunities to practice and polish your points of instruction, safety, and history skills. At the end of this IBC, you'll have the opportunity to move up to IIT3 at your next Appleseed.

Red Hats - WE NEED YOU!  Our ideal ratio is 1 Red Hat for every 2 Orange Hats.  Plus, this event will help to shake out the winter cobwebs that may have grown on your perishable skills.

Shoot Bosses - WE DON'T NEED YOU!  You already know everything, right?   &)   Just kidding - ALL Shoot Bosses should be at this event.  This may be the only time we have such a large gathering of our cadre, and it's a great opportunity to make friends, build our team and relationships, and mentor.

Some logistical details:

-We will be in the main hall (we'll have plenty of room). 

What should you bring?  Please bring:
  • A teachable attitude.  Have the sponge damp, and wrung out, ready to ABSORB![/size]
  • Any teaching materials you normally bring to an AS[/size]
  • The instructor manual
  • A notebook or pad of paper and pens/pencils
  • A dummy rifle, if you have one
  • Your copy of Paul Revere's Ride, if you have one
  • A memory stick if you want electronic copies of our files
  • A video camera to record yourself in the breakout sessions - trust us, this will be an eye-opener for you

How to Prepare

Blue Hats:
Orange Hats:Red Hats:

• Be ready to discuss all aspects of the history - prelims, strikes, DOMs, etc
  • Read the current Instructor Manual - click HERE to download a pdf of the current manual
  • You will be running/assisting in the breakout sessions. PMs with details will be forthcoming
  • You have no need for that cheat sheet, right?   :cool2:
  • Make sure your POIs are sharp - it's the end of winter, you may have atrophied a bit
Shoot Bosses:

Basic Agenda:
  • Saturday - POI and safety breakouts all day, effective public speaking presented by Martin
Please - no alcoholic beverages!

Border raiders are more than welcome to attend.

Our mission is serious: the urgency of saving the country, and everyone's safety at our events.  That being said, if you're not having fun doing this, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!

Please check in here occasionally for updates.  Thanks!  We'll see you all in January!

To Register, go to TIPS
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

martin

Hi Everyone, if you have never been to an IBC, you need to plan on attending. It doesn't matter if you are an orange hat, red hat or shoot boss you should attend. We are planning on compressing this down to 1 day so it will be a productive and a busy day but, a long day.
Also, please bring your Instructor PC with you. If you are an Orange Hat, you should be working on your Instructor PC. If you have not started that yet, print one up and bring it with you. Your attendance at the IBC will be noted on that Instructor PC.

As you can see by this topic, there are changes in the way we have done things in the past. There will be more changes in 2016 and I plan to discuss these changes with you at the planning meeting.

Thanks to JoeZ for making these arrangements and special thanks to the Danial Boone Club for allowing us the use of their clubhouse.

I'm looking forward to seeing you there.
Yours in Liberty!
Martin
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

Trisha

Is this going to be a potluck again or bring your own food?

martin

Quote from: Trisha on January 16, 2016, 11:47:24 AM

I'm assuming potluck,  I know Jo's making your sausage dip,,,,,, 
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

DrRichP

Quote from: martin on January 16, 2016, 03:07:12 PMI'm assuming potluck,  I know Jo's making your sausage dip,,,,,,

Sausage dip?  ??? There's no way I'm missing that! :cool2:
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Trisha

Quote from: martin on January 16, 2016, 03:07:12 PM
Quote from: Trisha on January 16, 2016, 11:47:24 AM

I'm assuming potluck,  I know Jo's making your sausage dip,,,,,,

If it's potluck, then people start posting what they are bringing. We will be there for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Plus need snacks...I am eating for 2 after all ;)

RustyRed

Ok I will make a dbl batch of sausage dip chips for it and I will try to make some cookies too

JoeZ

Greetings all,
As stated earlier, we want to get started by 8:00 am.

Bren (my dear wife) will be making chile for all for lunch. If anyone wants to bring things for sides that's great.

Instructors should bring a dummy rifle and mat if possible.

Don't forget the second part of this is our planning meeting so all should bring their plans, ideas, etc.

See you soon,
JoeZ
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

RustyRed

JoeZ.please thanks Brennda for making us chile!!! Yummy

Ok I am making sausage dip dbl batch,chips for it, and I got bars!! NO cookies sorry
I have bowls and spoons!

Janir

Sorry late to the planning food party.

I'll bring some sort of side to go with Chilli, maybe a cornbread, depending on what I can make/find.
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

Laredo

Ill bring frito's.  I know its easy...  But, being from Texas... there is only one way to eat Chilli - with fritos in it!

:)
April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

Trisha

Doesn't look like I'll be able to make it, with Rich heading out east for storm and no one to watch the girls for the long day. Sorry! I can't wait to hear all about it.

endpoint

I'll have to cancel as well.  I've been called in for some last minute mandatory overtime.  Too many buses down in the last couple of days.  See you folks on the trail!

martin

I just wanted to take time and say Thank You to everyone that made it to this past weekend's IBC at the Danial Boone Conservation Club. I didn't get a chance to speak to each and every one of you but we will run into each other on the trail. I was impressed though, by the dedication to the task at hand and it certainly appears we have some excellent instructors working their way up through the instructor training process.

Thanks to everyone that brought lunch, it was great. Special thanks to JoeZ for arranging this IBC at the Danial Boone Conservation Club.
If you never been there, it is a wonderful facility.

Thanks Again!
Martin
Martin

Seek the Truth

-Thomas Jefferson

Leadlined

For folks interested in that plastic M14 I had along, you can find it here at Amazon.  Don't forget Amazon Smile for Appleseed!
If I knew the world was ending today, I would still plant another Appleseedling. 
-Martin Luther

7/5/2014, First appleseed
9/20/2014, Rifleman
4/19/2015, Orange hat
10/15/2016, Red hat
9/11/2022, Shoot Boss
7/9/2023, Pistoleer™/Pistol Instructor
....and still working on it