News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

College Station, TX December 5-6 2015

Started by Sir Not Appearing In This Film, December 09, 2015, 10:45:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Placeholder - Great shoot - 4 Riflemen forged!
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

sleepy Joe

By the numbers

LibertysGirl

THANK YOU Steve, Joe, and Tom for being so amazing to work with and the shooters at this event were amazing!  I couldn't have asked for a better experience.  Perfect weather, Awesome people, cows roaming around!!
It was great to see Appleseed Texas style.  It was an extra fun bonus to be able to award 2 of those Rifleman patches!  How excited for all of us!!!
I hope I get the opportunity to come down to Texas again for an Appleseed.

I really appreciated the shooters and instructors willingness to work with me as I worked through my SBIT 2 training!
THANK TEXAS!!

16 Shooters appeared in College Station for our latest Appleseed installment.

After a few monsoon rainouts earlier this year we finally found ourselves with a near cloudless sunny yet cool weekend. The normally windy range was strangely calm.

Sleepy Joe, TT92 and myself had the pleasure of working with LibertysGirl who appeared with bells on despite having little sleep Friday night.

As shooters showed up they were registered and range fees collected, THEN they were sent to be minions for TT92 who was setting up the range.

Something unique about this shoot - none of the shooters were women nor were there any children. Not sure why. Everyone present had a great attitude.

After the morning briefing and safety at the equipment line we had shooters get their rifles (handed out a few loaners) and we began.
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

sleepy Joe tells the 1st and 2nd Strikes.

Shooters on the line:

We wrapped it up after one AQT at the end of the day.
Ladyseed Man Slave

Sunday morning saw 11 shooters return and one walkon for a total of 12.

Our walkon was Brian - he'd made Rifleman at College Station a few years ago at an event I'd instructed. Strangely he didn't recognize me, only my voice.  ::) ;)

There was a good assortment of rifles on the line - mostly 10/22's and AR15 pattern rifles. A Savage .22lr bolt action was also employed.

LibertysGirl tells the shooters why she Appleseeds.

Lo and behold - TWO Riflemen forged during the same AQT.

Westin - Excellent work!

Kenneth - You Persisted!
Ladyseed Man Slave

LibertysGirl had to depart mid-day Sunday to make the journey back North. We appreciate her help and valuable insight - she fit right in. We might have to see about making her an honorary Texan. O0 Thanks for coming down!

Matt is a local A&M student. You'd  think we'd have lots of A&M students present but the TAMU campus does not currently allow students to have firearms on campus. Matt took advantage of a loaner 10/22 and did a fine job - I think I recall his AQT score in the 180s by the end of Sunday.

TT92's (aka Tom T.) first on screen appearance as an IIT!

TT92 made Rifleman on the Saturday of the April 2015 CSTX shoot. He has lots of High Power and Navy marksmanship experience he brings to the table. He also led the effort getting the range set up for this shoot. Thanks so much!

Ryan is the next Rifleman forged! Don't ever do that bad again!

Ryan had been to Appleseed before. This time he did what everyone should do - he brought a friend to this event.

David was our final Rifleman of the day!

It was a fun, safe event and a great way to finish our 2015 shoots.  :---

Ladyseed Man Slave

scuzzy

Quote from: Sir Not Appearing In This Film on December 10, 2015, 11:14:03 PM
LibertysGirl had to depart mid-day Sunday to make the journey back North. We appreciate her help and valuable insight - she fit right in. We might have to see about making her an honorary Texan. O0 Thanks for coming down!

Yup - she would make a fine Texan. And thanks for doing the SBit with her. One more to go and she'll be a Shoot Boss. Which reminds me - I've gotta PM you about that. And thanks all.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

sleepy Joe

here are some photos I took
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

more photos
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

here are Saturday photos
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

the Instructors
By the numbers