News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Corona, CA December 5-6, 2015 After Action Report

Started by caseten, December 07, 2015, 12:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caseten

[Placeholder]

Feel free to check in, and post pictures or comments about this shoot.
"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."  An excerpt from The Peloponnesian War, by Thucydides

"Necessity is the plea for ever infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." - William Pitt, 1783

"... in other words, whether the parliament can legally take money out of our pockets, without our consent. If they can, our boasted liberty is but "Vox et praeterea nihil." A sound and nothing else." - John Dickinson [Continental Congressman from Pennsylvania, Signer of the Constitution], Letters from a Farmer in Pennsylvania to the Inhabitants of the British Colonies - Letter II

Treadstone

This was my 3rd Appleseed in about 4 years.  Since first attending this clinic where I learned the fundamentals I expanded on those skills by participating in local club matches put on by the California Precision Rifle Club (CAPRC.com) and the SocCal Precision Rifle Team (http://socalprecisionforum.com).  While these types of competitions are at longer distances and require the use of scopes and the application of ballistics, all of the positional training, acquiring NPOA, taking the shot and making followup corrections were all direct carry overs from what we learn at Appleseed.  I wouldn't even know about this fantastic sport had I not attended back in 2011.

This was an excellent and fun weekend and big props must go out to our instructors.  Thank you for taking precious time to teach skills and history.

We all need to do our part to expose new persons to this program.  It's a perfect environment for teaching people who've never touched a firearm how to safely and intelligently use a rifle and really help them understand how marksmanship gave this country a chance.  If we don't exercise our rights the politicians will inevitably attempt to take them away.

Jeff

crobjones2

I would like to personally thank the instructors, Norm and Mike in addition the two IITs Mike and Justin for giving up their weekend and imparting their wisdom and history on many impressionable minds.
Having shot several Appleseed events at Raahauges, this was the first time I have seen a full line. This bodes well for the location. I know we were on the largest bay, but the new block wall divider made it a more interesting.
I would like to congratulate the two new Riflemen and thank the parents of the youths that had joined us. Riflemen persist...

Having shot rifleman before, this was a chance for me to break in, and get used to a new rifle(new to me 1903). unfortunately the "new" 77yo rifle broke me in, and just plain broke on day 1. (mike D - I did get the piece of broken screw extracted). I returned with my trusty .22 - still sighted in for the advanced rimfire course. A couple of quick adjustments from the notes I had taken in that class, and I was close to zero. close enough to run with it, shooting four consecutive scores and clearing the red coats - re-enforcing the instruction and that a rifleman should be able to consistently score when they rely on the fundamentals.

It was a wonderful weekend and I got to see a couple of familiar faces and many new ones. I hope to see many of the new people again as they continue to refine their skills.
One thing that stuck with me - one of the new riflemen, when asked what was the difference, remarked that his diving had helped with his breathing. I had never really thought about it, but I can see the similarity as I am a diver as well

Norm - as I score conservative, attached are the four scores

Mike - https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=47017.msg326503#msg326503
        - https://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=86&id_event=4115

Again, thank you to all the instructors for their volunteer work and for the participants for taking the time
remember to never give up your quest for knowledge
chris

StormN

It was a great shoot, I will post thoughts later.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson

mnichols

Sorry I missed Sunday. But it looks like you guys did great without me.

Congratulations to our 2 Riflemen!

And awesome job clearing the redcoats Amilie!
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun."
- Patrick Henry, Speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 5, 1778