News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

**Fredericksburg, Texas Dec.5/6**

Started by Two Wolves, December 06, 2015, 11:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Wolves

A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

kristyn.eldridge

We had a great time! Looking forward to seeing the photos. Thanks!

Two Wolves

Well, this shoot just finished our sixth year here in Fredericksburg.  O0  My how the time flies. And what a great event.  ^:)^  We had 27/28 shooters for both days. These fine Americans came from far and wide. From Pecos Texas to the west, Lafayette Louisiana to the east, Corpus Christi Texas to the south and Denton Texas (Dallas) to the north. In between there was Austin, Houston and San Antonio. For anybody who is not familiar with how large an area this is, I encourage you to look at a map.
Congratulations to Reese, our youngest shooter---9yrs.----He cleaned the Sat. mourning  red coat!  :---
And how about Carson Briggs---15---- Riflewoman---shot a 216!  Just shoot like a girl!  ..:..
JD, Cody, Reagan and Rick also managed to master the six steps to firing the shot. Congratulations to all.
Special thanks to Smokey, Paul, Romney, Rollin, Erick, Kristyn and Jason for joining us.
A great shoot like doesn't happen without a great crew. The Fredericksburg crew ROCKS.
Jerryâ€"Jeremyâ€"Daganâ€"Chadâ€"Ronâ€"Everttâ€"Donâ€"and  Mark (shoot boss)  Great job!Dixie--- Thank you for coming.   ;)
I hope all of you can come see us again next spring. God speed, Two Wolves. :cool2:
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Two Wolves

:pop:

Two Wolves

Two Wolves

Two Wolves

El Tejano

'Odale!!! Y'all!!! :cool2: Wow, I said the October shoot was the best shoot ever.  Well I was wrong, so far the December shoot has to be the best shoot ever, we had Chamber of Commerce weather, 28 motivated and eager  to learn students with great attitudes,and some great kids. Reese,wow!!! We broke records and had firsts and had great fun. First I want to thank everyone for coming out, and I am amazed at how far people will travel just to come to the Fredericksburg shoot, even when other shoots are closer, I don't know what it is we're doing here, but I hope we keep doing it. ;) I also want to thank the crew for doing a great job and making everything go smoothly.

Now for the record breaking news.....we made five new rifleman on Sunday that set a new record for the Fredericksburg shoot. Reagan - 227 very impressive, now you can go tell your 4-H  buddies how to shoot and where to go to learn to shoot. Cody - 219 well done you kept at it and you got it. Rick-210 sorry about the bath but we had to make sure. Carson-216 excellent now go home, tell the boys to shoot like a girl, if they can!!! **) J.D.-211 well done one point away from a dunking and many other shooters very close. Some had very little rifle experience but we're putting together very nice groups all weekend. Just goes to show it works.

Now for the firsts, Jerry from Louisiana we had found out his great great great grandfather George Walton was one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence.  Wow!!! That's better then when George Washington showed up at one of our shoots a great actor in costume.The guy  looks like his twin. I just don't know how it can't get any better.

One of the instructors told me that five rifleman was a direct reflection on me and my performance. Sorry no I can't take all the blame, it was a reflection on all of us!

One last thing, I forgot to say something at the shoot I always say at the December shoots. It's completely and totally politically incorrect. So I am going to say it here, Feliz Navidad Prospero ano I want to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years  see you all next year.

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

I've been acquainted with Carson Briggs since she was a wee lass selling T-shirts at Pecos!

Rifleman Carson Briggs! Awesome!

You guys get George Washington and George Walton descendants? Man, all I get are Gen 6.0 Texans.  :-[

;) :---
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

marvin mudflap

First off let me start by saying thanks for hosting such a first class event! This was my first Appleseed and hopefully it won't be my last. My neighbor Ned in Lafayette came over to visit one afternoon and said we ought to maybe see what this Appleseed stuff is all about. He had heard good things said about Appleseed on the local Bayou Shooters forum here in Louisiana. We got to looking at dates and saw ya'lls in Fredericksburg. Being I have a house on lake LBJ, we decided to go for it.

After driving 7 hours from Lafayette we got up to my house on Thursday and rested up on Friday. We left the house at 6.00 A.M. on Saturday and after dodging Deer for an hour and half we finally arrived at the range.We arrived just when the gate was being unlocked. So far so good. Registration went smoothly and the next thing I know. we were banging away .

We had a blast!!! Best two days of shooting I ever had. Hopefully I cured some bad habits and learned quite a lot. We both enjoyed the history lessons also. It's easy to get complacent and forget what our forefathers did to establish this great country of ours,

Again,many thanks to a fine bunch of fellows that put this great event on. I know it's  a lot of hard work. Hope to see everybody again in the Spring, Merry Christmas to everyone! Jerry Walton

A-lister

Once again what another great weekend for Appleseed! It just gets better and better at every event. The quality of Americans, sons and daughters of Liberty who show up is encouraging.  And having Jerry a true son of Liberty , grandson to one of our signers of the Declaration of Independance "Geo Walton" was truly amazing. And to hear his story and his family's sacrifice for our freedom made it an unforgettable weekend.  O0
A big hats off to Mark our fearless leader and all the crew who make this great organization what it is!  ^:)^
A lot of folks showing up means a lot of work, but the Fredericksburg team rolled up their shirtsleeves and did it again with 5 new Riflemen on the line. A 15 yr old young lady and. 16 yr old young man among them! Way to go Carson and Reagan! :~
Merry Christmas and Happy new year to you all and see you in March!ðŸŽ,,🎉
We in America do not have government by the majority-we have government by the majority who participate......All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

AggieCJ

What a great weekend.  Only regret is I hadn't done this sooner.  Enjoyed the instruction, the history, and the camaraderie.  Thank you to the entire group of instructors for giving your time and organizing an incredible event.  Every single one of you were great.  I came away with some valuable information, many new friends, some great memories/stories and a new appreciation for how short 55 seconds really is.  I only wish my son could have made it to join us but school is first.  His first comment when he saw my Rifleman Patch was "Sign me up for the next one".  Plan on seeing us again in the future fellas, you guys run a top notch program! 

Chad - I still hear you in the back of my head to straighten my back while standing and to raise the rifle to my eye
Ron - Thanks, one of the first things I did was go on Amazon and order The Spirit of Seventy Six
Jerry - For scoring the targets (Need to get you some new tables, burnt orange is such an ugly color)
Don - enjoyed chatting with you
Mark - Great job, and yes- I dodged that bath my a hair

Dagan, Jeremy, Everett - Thank you

Thank you again for a fine weekend.  Looking forward to the schedule coming out for 2016 so we can start making plans to come out again.

Cheers.

JD