News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Clearwater, FL 11/21/15

Started by PHenry, November 24, 2015, 04:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

Awesome weather! Record attendance! Great group! Plenty of solid instructors. What more could a crusty old shoot boss wish for?  ^:)^

What a fine weekend it were. While we had no new Rifleman, we had three repeats and several knocking at the door as we say (scores near 200 or more). We gad 15 signed up, 2 no shows and four walk-ons for a total of 17 shooters - a new WAC record!

Three entire families, including the returning Dunson family - very nice to see all ya'll agin. New to Appleseeds were the Hunters and the Washingtons.

Scoring were Brad on Sat with a 210 and on Sunday, John with a 218 and Jim with a 222. Jim is considering stepping up to instructing - the ultimate purpose of the program. We learn today so we can teach tomorrow!

Beyond a few minor sweeps and such, we had a very safe event with lots of improvement across the board. Nobody got injured and we all, instructors included, learned a lot.

I will get 2016 dates posted for this venue ASAP. I hope I get to see all of you on the trail again soon!  O0
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Dragon-Woods

I only went on Sunday, but it was a great event. Seeing old friends and making new ones is
one of the best things in life.

Most interesting was the determination shown by shooters who knew they had a good score but wanted better.

Hopefully, the WAC will host more events that help that happen.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood. You know what that means? It means you're alive. It means you won. You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.