News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lapeer, Mi Nov 21-22 Ladyseed AAR

Started by Caliper, November 24, 2015, 12:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliper

So, now I see why people like getting Ladyseed events on the schedule!  What a great Appleseed with a wonderful group of American gals!  Due to instructors schedules, we had to bend the rules a bit and let a few of us guys teach, but we promised to be polite! 

Saturday started out overcast with just a few flurries, but soon turned into full-blown winterseed conditions as our first winter storm of the season rolled through.  Fortunately, the covered firing line and overhead heaters kept things mostly civilized while we taught the fundamentals of marksmanship and the Three Strikes. 

Our first snow of the season really piled up (14" on my deck! %) ) but enthusiasm remained undamped and everyone returned Sunday morning.  It was cold, but clear skies meant lots of sun.  Lapeer's very own DOM, George, came out to show how the colonial marksmen got things done, and gave the students a shot to try it for themselves!  Number6 was kind enough to come out and clear snow off the rifle range so we could put the fundamentals to work at longer distance, using AR-15's and an M1 to connect with steel at 200 yards! 

Ladies, it was great having each of you on the line and I look forward to seeing you back in the future!  With solid fundamentals and the great groups I saw on your AQT's, I know there are many future Riflewomen here. 

Finally, a big Thank You to Earthmom for getting this all set up!  Everyone had a great time! 

CritterKeeper

Shooting the first Redcoat

Miki instructing the prone position

Winterseed is now in full effect!

Just some normal Saturday weather in Michigan...

Obligatory "snow covered rifles" photo. 

Nope, no "Safe Queens" here! 

CritterKeeper

Pics from Sunday!

Starting the day with some history from Gibson.

George demonstrating loading/priming the Bess.

checking the first AQT

Getting out on the rifle range with centerfire!

Cynthia with the Garand

Teresa with the Garand

A surprise guest .....

Is it wise to dress up as Kenney??

Last red coat of the weekend, shadows are getting long.

Our team for the weekend : Mr. Surplus, CritterKeeper, Madhatter, Gibson, Caliper, Number6

I special thank you to Number6 for coming out on his weekend off.
Number6 plowed-out the rifle range, hung steel, checked zeros on the centerfire rifles, helped with KD instruction and stayed to help with line take down and range cleanup.

Mrs.Stash

Thanks to the instructors and shoot boss for a great weekend. I am especially thankful for the pictures. Inspired by this shoot, hubby and I are off to buy me a Ruger as my early Christmas present!

Superheat

Quote from: Mrs.Stash on November 27, 2015, 01:07:17 PM
Thanks to the instructors and shoot boss for a great weekend. I am especially thankful for the pictures. Inspired by this shoot, hubby and I are off to buy me a Ruger as my early Christmas present!

Outstanding!  Hard to go wrong with a 10/22.

Caliper

I'd recommend getting the "compact" or "youth" model. It has a bit shorter stock that will fit better.