News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Opportunity to help erect a Memorial for Battle of Cowans Ford Patriots

Started by Yankee Doodle, November 21, 2015, 10:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yankee Doodle

Let me preface this by saying I am not speaking in an official capacity on behalf of the SAR, though I am a member.....but I figure that this is potentially a shared interest and thought I would spread the word.  If the following isn't allowed, mods feel free to delete.

The Mecklenburg Chapter of the Sons of the American Revolution, in association with the General William Lee Davidson Chapter, Sons of the Revolution, and The May 20th Society of Charlotte, NC would like to build and dedicate a memorial to the Patriots who fought and died at the Battle of Cowans Ford and rest in the cemetery of Hopewell Presbyterian Church in Huntersville, NC.  The plan is to open the memorial and donate it to the church on at an event on 30 January 2016 to commemorate the battle.  The event itself is free, and it the first year this commemoration will be a  National Event or the National Society, Sons of the American Revolution.

There is a GoFundMe page for raising money to build, deliver, and set up the monument:

https://www.gofundme.com/MecklenburgSAR?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=email&utm_content=cta_button&utm_campaign=upd_n

If you would like to donate it would be greatly appreciated, as would any exposure/spreading the word on social media.

In addition, if anyone is interested in tracing you lineage to a Patriot ancestor and would be interested in joining the Sons of the American Revolution (www.sar.org), I just went through the process in 2015 and would be more than happy to help get you started.

Thanks,

Yankee Doodle / Steve

Young Members Committee -National Society,  Sons of the American Revolution

Interested in the SAR?  Shoot me a PM and I'll help you on the path to Being Revolutionary!

"Nil desperandum, -- Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it."
― Samuel Adams

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!"  ~Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775 at St. John's Parish Church, Richmond, VA

First Rifleman: Ramseur- 26 June 2012
Requal/Orange Hat:  Charlotte - 19 April 2015
Red Hat: 27 April 2017
Shoot Boss: 10 February 2018
KD Qualified:  Ramseur -  30 December 2018