News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Calera, AL November 14-15, 2015

Started by EddieB, November 17, 2015, 11:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EddieB

Project Appleseed returned to the Double Tap Training Grounds ready to spread the message of Liberty!  The cool weather quickly warmed up to perfect and stayed that way all weekend.  Our Shooters arrived and we got busy with T.J. 8 telling the First Strike of the Match and the terrible events at Lexington Green.  After a safety briefing, the Shooters fired thirteen shots at the Red Coat target to determine their max effective range and to see whether they were cooks or riflemen!

T.J. 8, Groton Minuteman and I presented sling use, the Six Steps of Firing the Shot, Natural Point of Aim, then tied it all together with the prone position.  Every new skill was practiced, and the improvements began to appear!  During lunch we heard about the battle of Concord during the Second Strike of the Match.  Groton Minuteman took over Line Boss duties after lunch, and we continued instruction and practice until it was time for the first AQT!

The Third Strike brought us to the conclusion of the events of April 19, 1775, and then after the benediction it was time to call it quits for the day.

Sunday morning brought more perfect weather and all our shooters back to the event.  After a quick review and a couple of drills, it was time to let the Shooters do some coaching duty with Ball and Dummy.  During lunch we heard stories about Dangerous Old Men (and women) and had an intro to Known Distance shooting.

We shot several AQTs, and I was very pleased when Ignacio shot a rifleman score of 212!  Huzzah!  Eric requalified with a score of 216, and Kennebago requalified with 230 (with a bolt gun!).  Kennebago put the cherry on top of a great weekend when he took an Orange Hat!  He will make a great instructor.

A big thank you to Butch and Kim of Double Tap Training Grounds.  They are always very gracious hosts and their facility is top-notch.

Shooters, please think about the Liberty we enjoy and how costly it was for the founding generation to preserve it for us.  Let's honor their memory by preserving it for our posterity.  I hope to see you at another Appleseed soon, and don't forget to bring a friend!

T.J. 8 and Groton Minuteman providing instruction on sling use.

Grinding out AQTs.

Ignacio is a Rifleman!

Eric requals.

Kennebago requals, and then...

...takes an Orange Hat!

Here's a link to all my photos:
http://s288.photobucket.com/user/EddieB_AS/library/Calera%20AL%20November%2014%202015

Maximum Ordinate

Good job, Yellowhammers!

Congrats to the new Riflemen and Orange Hat!  Huzzah!
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Kennebago

Kind of hard to tell, but the flags were steaming like crazy early Sunday morning.

Slick facility too.

Wodan bood Mimir zijn oog
doch zou hij beter zien

Pop Revere

Job Well Done Eddie O0 O0. Sorry I could not be there to help.
Congrats to all of those who requalified and welcome to the team Kennebago.

AR-Mike
The constant threats against our Country and our Liberties make me worry about my Grandchildren's future. This has made me realize that I don't have time to wait on my work schedule to slow down or my knees to get any better. So I'm back, ready and willing again, to do what I can because "I will NOT allow Liberty to die on my watch".
Mike Cofield (Pop Revere)

Attended my 1st Appleseed in 2010
Scored Rifleman & took an Orange Hat 2013
IBC  Pelham, TN  2-2014
IBC  Columbiana, AL  7-2015
KD Qualified at CMP Talladega, AL  1-2016
IBC Huntsville, AL  2-2022
Re-Activated 2-2022