News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Myakka, FL - Oct. 24-25, 2015

Started by 308LIBERTY, November 17, 2015, 09:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

308LIBERTY

Another great Appleseed weekend, down in Myakka, FL. If you've not been down to Myakka in the last few months, you're missing out. They've built an excellent shelter over the line, back at Area 51. It's large enough, we can shoot in the shade the entire weekend. Myakka always draws the most resilient people I've ever seen at Appleseed, a real pleasure to shoot and fellowship with. This weekend was no exception. My hat's off to Owen, the youngest of the group, who came with an empty cup and earned his Rifleman patch while the adults looked on with jealous pride. Leave it to our promising youth, the posterity of America to show us how it's done. Huzzah!
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

stoneknives

Owen and Tony. ! Huzzah

They were our youngest and oldest Appleseeders on the line. They were also the best shooters on the line and an inspiration to all of us out at AREA 51. 

The whole group of Americans at the Manatee Gun and Archery Club made excellent improvement over the weekend. Saturday morning many had a hard time hitting the backer board let alone the Red Coat's. But by Sunday all were consistently shooting 125's with a big group of our shooters hovering on the 200 mark. DRY FIRE PRACTICE will get you that RIFLEMAN patch at your next Appleseed.

All of you folks should be proud of your improvement.

I'll attach some more pictures later.
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

Squeeeeezer

It was a great time.  I was happy to be on this line with these fine men and great instructors.  Proud to be a part of this.

PHenry

Awesome new shelter!

See how it looked at my second event - attached.
PH
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Squeeeeezer

Was that the same facility?  I thought this range was really nice.  Loved that we had plenty of room on the line.

HateTheSnow

Yes, same facility. We've gone through many changes at Manatee and Area-51 is usually the last to benefit from upgrades, but club management really came through in a big way last year.

BTW, we did have a canvas awning that covered about 2/3 of the concrete slab in between PHenry's outing and what we have today...his pic is going back quite a few years.
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."
Ronald Reagan

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
John F. Kennedy

SF142

This was my first Appleseed, but it will certainly wont be my last.

Learned a bunch.....might have been the oldest shooter on the line, but had lots of room for improvement, and the instructors were excellent.

Enjoyed the History......downloaded Paul Reveres Ride to my Kindle, and finished it in two evenings

The other shooters at this Appleseed were super people...special mention to Alan, who loaned me his spare electronic earmuffs (my passive ones made it hard to hear range commands)....then he had to leave early on Sunday, and I still have his earmuffs....and want to return them....hope he reads this post

PHenry

The other shooters at this Appleseed were super people.

Amen to that sir. It has always been my experience that Appleseeders are on average, above average humans.  O0
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata