News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Amite, LA Nov 14-15, 2015

Started by bollox, November 16, 2015, 07:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bollox

Couldn't have asked for better weather. Slightly cool on Saturday AM, it warmed up to perfect by noon. Sunday was just ever so slightly warmer. The shooters were dedicated and kept high spirits up throughout the weekend. We had shooters on the line from Age 8 to 57. Our young shooters, a few of who had never picked up a rifle before, were scoring very respectably by the end of the day. One 9 year old scored a 198 in the designated sharpshooter role (off a pack for all stages). He and his grandfather have made it out repeatedly to this venue and we're glad to see them every time.

Gave away 2 patches. I almost forgot what it was like. One young man scored a 228 and verified it with a 218. This was his second AS. Our other newly minted Rifleman qualified ON HIS FIRST APPLESEED EVER after traveling all the way from Texas to catch an event that synced up with his schedule.

As instructors we feed on the enthusiasm of the students, and there was plenty to go around. I thank everyone for the hard work they put in. We'll have new events up soon.

Jerry1969

I attended as well and can confirm, the weather was great and all had a good time. I learned things that I didn't know, I didn't know! This was my first Appleseed event. I showed improvement and hope to attend another soon. Thanks to all who showed up!

bollox

Thanks for posting Jerry. Hope to see you at another event soon... And bring friends!