News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sacramento, CA Nov 14-15, 2015 AAR

Started by PinBreaker, November 15, 2015, 11:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PinBreaker

Wow.  That was some weather, eh?   :sos:

So we saw rain and wind, wind, more rain and wind, then some sun!   ^:)^
Then some crazy wind that destroyed a couple of EZ-UPs and a bit more rain.
Going by Fred's simplified wind rule, we were definitely well into the "why are you out shooting?" realm.

There was the potential for lightning, so the instructors decided in the morning brief to cancel the rest of the day if we had a thunderstorm.  Thankfully that weather held off until we were taking the trailer home where we saw some lightning and hail.

What an outstanding bunch of shooters though.  When you have kids under 14 years old providing the first answers to TPI questions, you just know you've got a great group of shooters.  We had a Rifleman on Saturday and two within a few points on Sunday despite the crazy weather.  I really hope you patriots come back to finish off the score, then join us for a full distance event in redding.

A great big thanks to the instructors for giving their time for the project.  Thanks NorCal22Gal for covering me on Saturday afternoon so I could attend an Eagle Court of Honor.  It really takes all of us working together to pull this off.

The equipment seemed to work well for the most part.  It looked like there were some tight chambers on a couple of .22 bull barrels and that problem always seems to get worse when its raining.  I hope ya'll take them apart to dry them out when you get home.  Rust is bad  ~~:)

NorCal22Gal

Glad you had a great day today.  Yesterday was great and yes a wonderful group of shooters.  Congrats to Richard, 214 on his first time out at an Appleseed.

PinBreaker