News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NW Colonial Festival

Started by Kimber Custom, January 08, 2016, 03:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimber Custom

Come see us at the NW Colonial Festival Aug 11-14. We have a shoot in Port Townsend the 13-14.

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/port-townsend-wa-appleseed-august-13-14-2016-tickets-20239804801

Instructors - we will need some extra help to make both of these events a success. Please let me know if you are available for one or the other.

Mark Davis

That is pretty awesome Ben.
Is the colonial festival an appleseed event, or is the appleseed happening  during someone else's event?

Kimber Custom

Separate event. The festival coordinator contacted us today and asked us if we would like to have a booth/participate in their living history presentation. Of course I jumped on it. These guys have a replica of North Bridge, bring in a British squad from AZ and the locals provide the militia. Should be pretty cool. It's quasi convenient to have a shoot in Port Townsend (hour away) the same weekend but it's going to stretch the traveling instructors a bit.

maxwell

Ben, I'm planning to be available for any or all of the shoots in PT, FWIW. Not sure about the Colonial Festival this far out, but this sounds great.

We took the family to the first reenactment last year (I think I posted here about it), and mainly wandered around looking at stuff. One lady from North Kitsap recognized my Appleseed shirt and mentioned that she'd earned a Rifleman patch. Overall, an interesting time, made slightly terrifying by reenactor muzzle discipline.

I posted some photos here: https://maxwells.smugmug.com/Other/2015-Colonial-Festival-Sequim/

There were five redcoats and five colonials for the North Bridge, so not a huge crew. They explained muskets/bayonets and demonstrated the British drill.