News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Oregon WI Nov 7/8 2015

Started by Chewie, November 09, 2015, 11:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chewie

First thank you to Great Lakes Firearms for letting us use their range over this beautiful fall day. It stayed in the 50s and each day found a new rifleman, Saturday, Scattershot Sarah got her Riflewoman, and Sunday, Gary (Kholin) got his Rifleman. Overall the shooters were amazing great attitudes throughout the weekend and great improvement, they all are looking to come back and continue their journey on to the patch.
Kholin has also agreed to join our instructor ranks by taking an orange hat!!!!

This weekend saw 9 AQTs even with the hour less of shooting time and a great fun shoot in which the winning team did an amazing job.

Pictures to follow

'Til we meet again, may your aim be true and the lead fly.

"I have many times asked the American backwoodsman what their best marksman could do. They tell me that an expert rifleman can hit the head of a man at 200yds. I am certain that provided an American rifleman could get perfect aim at 300yds would undoubtedly hit me unless it was a very windy day" Maj Hanger British Army

Chewie

Group pic, in transition, the firing line
'Til we meet again, may your aim be true and the lead fly.

"I have many times asked the American backwoodsman what their best marksman could do. They tell me that an expert rifleman can hit the head of a man at 200yds. I am certain that provided an American rifleman could get perfect aim at 300yds would undoubtedly hit me unless it was a very windy day" Maj Hanger British Army

Kiwimonster

What a great weekend! Thanks to Scattershot_Sarah, KLove, Kholin, Mark (Kiwi Jr.) Kara, Robin, and Jim for being great students, and making this one of my favorite Appleseeds to date. I have some pics here. Congrats to our 3 rifleman who shot out the center target in the fun shoot, with only 70 rounds. I also have pictures of our newest Riflemen, Scattershot_Sarah, and Kholin.
Sept. 6-7 2014 1st
Nov. 15-16 2014 2nd
Apr. 18-19 2015  Rifleman
July 11-12 2015 KD Rifleman

Kiwimonster

Pictures in order.....
Safety briefing
Morning meeting
On the line
Sept. 6-7 2014 1st
Nov. 15-16 2014 2nd

Shamgar

I attended this event together with my wife and it was our first Appleseed. We had a VERY GOOD experience and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Chewie and Kiwi along with Scattershot did everything possible to make the experience great. My wife (Mutz) and I both are new to shooting rifles for the most part and based on what we learned now have skill sets and knowledge to build on. I also appreciated learning about April 19th, 1775. While I had basic knowledge of the day, my wife and I both learned about the sacrificial decisions that were made on that day and leading up to that day. I HIGHLY RECOMEND APPLESEED TO ANYONE!!!

We had sunshine for both days and we're thankful for that as we knew and understood the event would be "rain or shine". However, the temperatures definitely were BRISK, in the 40's in the morning getting into the 50's latter in the day. Our group was a hearty team and we shot and were outside all day save about an hour for lunch where we appreciated being in a warm heated facility.

Started and finished each day shooting "Red Coats", 13 shots at simulated distance targets, 3 at each Red Coat and 1 at Morgan's Shingle. One hit, luck; two hits, maybe you know what your doing; three hits confirms you know what your doing and that you can shoot effectively at that distance. Hit Morgan's Shingle and you can shoot a pumpkin at 250 yards. Think it's easy, give it a go. Learned how to use a USGI Sling to great effect and shot a lot of AQTs (Army Qualification Targets).

Learned numerous things that happened leading up to and on April 19th, 1775. The most critical being huge sacrifices were made on that day by people just like me in order that future generations could live with freedom and liberty. Freedom is something that is neither given or taken, but rather represents our willingness to make choices regardless of the consequences. The people of Massachusetts used their freedom on April 19th to gain Liberty for themselves and future generations. Liberty is what we won in the Revolutionary War, the ability to act on our freedom to choose. We have the freedom to make many choices in our lives, but we may not have the liberty to action those choices. We say freedom is not free and we should also recognize Liberty is not free either. The history we learned showed the cost paid for the Liberty we enjoy today. We should not take it for granted.

Thanks Chewie, Kiwi, and Scattershot for a great weekend event!
First Appleseed, 11/7-11/8 2015, Oregon, WI
Second, 2/27/2016, Racine, WI
Third, KD, 8/20-8/21 2016, Racine, WI
Fourth, 9/18/2016, Racine, WI
Fifth, 10/9/2016, McMiller @ Eagle, WI, RIFLEMAN! 2nd AQT, 214

Jdg 3:31  And after him was Shamgar the son of Anath, which slew of the Philistines six hundred men with an ox goad: and he also delivered Israel.

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Kiwimonster

Shamgar,
Glad to hear you and Mutz had a good time, and learned something. Hope to see you on the trail real soon. Remember...There's a winterseed in Racine in February. Will be a good time.
Sept. 6-7 2014 1st
Nov. 15-16 2014 2nd

Laredo

April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

DrRichP

Happy to read of such a successful event. Sorry I missed Scattershot Sarah get her Rifleman badge. I'm very proud for her. Three Rifleman in one family. Heck of a legacy for the rest to live up to. Congrats also go out to Gary. And of course a huge thank you to our Appleseed team for making this event such a big success.

DrRichP
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Shamgar

Hi Kiwi,

Mutz said she would be my support crew and bring chili if I do the Winterseed, but said she couldn't shoot in February temps. I am looking into four wheel drive or a chair with tracks and a turret...  ;) All the best!
First Appleseed, 11/7-11/8 2015, Oregon, WI
Second, 2/27/2016, Racine, WI
Third, KD, 8/20-8/21 2016, Racine, WI
Fourth, 9/18/2016, Racine, WI
Fifth, 10/9/2016, McMiller @ Eagle, WI, RIFLEMAN! 2nd AQT, 214

Jdg 3:31  And after him was Shamgar the son of Anath, which slew of the Philistines six hundred men with an ox goad: and he also delivered Israel.