News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wright City, MO November 7-8, 2015

Started by 209Ken, November 09, 2015, 10:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

209Ken

Well, this was the final Appleseed for 2015 at Bench Rest Rifle Club in Wright City, MO and it was great one. I am already looking forward to 2016!
The weather was perfect for shooting; clear, cool and calm. The shooters were safe and eager to learn.
We had two people earn their Rifleman patches. Judy with a 216 and Shane with 228!
Even those who did not earn the patch, I saw some great improvements from early Saturday to Sunday afternoon. There were at least 3 people who were knocking at the door with scores of 180 and higher. Persistence!
Shane took the Orange Hat  O0  We are all looking forward to him getting plenty of use out of it!
We had the opportunity to shoot at 100 yards for the first time at this range. I got a lot of positive feedback, it made the Known Distance part of the program all come together.

As usual, I will try to tell the story of the weekend with pictures. And as usual, I won't get them posted for a couple of days, keep checking back!

209ken
Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

reed12b

I had a great time with this program and learned more than I thought I would.  I was humbled by my first days scores, but they started to improve by the second day.  I am planning on being back in 2016 and earning my Rifleman!  Thanks very much. :)

Barry

209Ken

Suitcase getting shooters checked in

Not sure what happened to our equipment line...

Shane shoots rifleman score of 210; quickly followed up with a 228!

Judy shoots a 216!

100 yards

Shane takes the Orange Hat!
Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

colonial shooter

WOW, nice picks! this is extremely quick posting from you Ken LOL.
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

connibear

Looks like it was a great weekend. Great pics. Looking forward to planning and seeing where 2016 takes us.   :---

Congrats to our riflemen. Congrats Shane on the Orange Hat.
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.