News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Boulder CO, 11/7/15

Started by Long Rifle, November 09, 2015, 01:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Long Rifle

We had 12 students come to the November Boulder CO event held at the Boulder Rifle Club. The weather was major factor for sure in the attendance numbers. It was only in the mid-50's, sunny and dry. These are typical conditions for Boulder in the fall but despite the weather folks persevered.  ;) Everybody was super enthusiastic. Great attitudes and everybody from Saturday came back on Sunday!

Congratulations to Mark & Christie. They both shot Rifleman. Special recognition to Zeke (10 yrs old). Shot a single shot rifle all weekend. Never sat out a course of fire, was there for every shot. He was the epitome of perseverance. The future of our country is in good hands.

I hope that everybody keeps practicing what they learned this past weekend. If you practice your skills will improve. I promise.

Remember there are two Rimfire Known Distance (RKD) events next year at the BRC. It's a kick to shoot your rimfire rifle to 100 yards and beyond. Also consider attending a Known Distance event at the Whittington Shooting Center in Raton NM next year. I'll be one of the instructors. Bring your centerfire rifle and 'stretch' it's legs to 400 yards and beyond.

I hope to see everyone of you at a future event and if you have any questions, please get in touch.
Those that can, DO. Those that can DO MORE, teach.
Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.

PeggyK

What a terrific weekend!! Thank you to all our instructors!  Your enthusiasm, knowledge, and patience were fabulous! Sheri, in particular, was helpful to Chris and to me.  Sheri, you will be an EXCEPTIONAL Shoot Boss.

LibertysGirl

Thank you Colorado for welcoming me with such open arms.  It was a great weekend.  It was great working with new instructors and shootboss.  Every region brings a new flavor to my "soup".
It was so awesome to see so many shooters really excel over the weekend and achieve more than they thought they would. 
It was a beautiful weather, wonderful people, great instruction...couldn't have asked for more!  Hope to see you all again on the Appleseed trail, bailing out America.  -LIbertysGirl (Sheri)