News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ladyseed! 12 to 13 MARCH 2016

Started by smoakingun, November 06, 2015, 07:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoakingun

https://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=696

As requested, a ladyseed has been scheduled for next year.
My home, March 13th and 14th 2016. That leaves 18 week to fill the line and get a local female promoted to shoot boss!
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

Squeeeeezer

Sure wish I could be there.  We will be heading out for our vacation that Sunday.  You are an excellent host and I am sure it will be a huge success!

Cable___Guy

My wife expressed interest in the lady seed. Im sure she will sign up. 1 more to fill the lines.
We have a few months to  see if any of her friends want to go !  &)
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

Minutemom

I'm working on getting some ladies on the line.  Can't wait!  When oh when will we have a FL lady shoot boss?   ~~:)
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

smoakingun

We have about 6 weeks left to promote this event. If it fills out like last time, we will need the entire Fl cadre of female instructors.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

Valkyrie7

I've requested that weekend off from work and it looks like I'll be there :) I am a blue hat and will be an AC-RSO (AppleCore Range Safety Officery) by the time this rolls around. I've got both a blue and an orange hat but prefer to stay in the background, doing one on one instruction and clearing/holding the line as others do the instructing/modeling/teaching/etc. Make sense? Looking forward to this one since I missed the last one!

Rebecca
I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies. ~ Annie Oakley

rambo granny

RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David

FabricatorsGal

Good evening y'all!

Janet and I have been talking quite a bit recently.  We hope to have her assistance at Georgia's second-ever Ladyseed next weekend to round out our all-female instructor cadre.  I told her that if y'all need some additional instructors at your upcoming Ladyseed, Gretchen and I have talked about driving down for a girls' trip to help out again.  We'd love to work with you once again!  I will keep an eye on your numbers and will see if we're needed.

FabricatorsGal
(Megan)

rambo granny

I am definitely heading to GA for their Ladyseed. Indoor range w relays is going to be a good experience. Line full, many newbies, youths..can't have too many eyes!
Thanks Megan. I see your hat turning green very soon.  **) ^:)^ **)Want to fade it out a little in FL sunshine?
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

rambo granny

Just returning from fantastic packed out GA 2nd Ladyseed. It was a three state effort with myself and Terry from AL joining the GA ladies...the same ones who helped us out at our first FL Lady Seed plus an absolutely delightful IIT teenager who is quite impressive in action both in instructing and shooting ...Anna (aka WY knott).
Fabricators Gal did her third SBIT and was promoted by Dr John to SB. Huzzah.

this shoot was held at a huge very nice indoor range: Georgia Gun Club in Buford, GA. The event was mega busy with all,participants except one being novice and several teenagers. Relays were run to accommodate the packed line. In addition to the 6 lady instructors, the husband and dad male instructors who also showed up were a welcome addition. The ladies did all the instruction and ran the event, but male instructors helped fill in the gaps for safety and the extra attention needed by so many novices at once.

Fabricators Gal husband did an absolutely amazing but short powerful presentation on what is liberty and freedom which I truly wish we could have recorded to,share with all of you.

The students left fired up and ready to,seventh step.
The question now is what will we do in FL at the March 12 Ladyseed?

smoakingun

Ok. The weekend is fast approaching and I need head count for bed and camping space. I also need head count for supper on Saturday night and breakfast Sunday morning, as well as conformation on who is arriving Friday night and Saturday morning.

Thomas Jefferson

FabricatorsGal

Smoak,

I'll be in touch with you in the morning about lodging and a few questions that I have about set-up, emergency procedures, etc.  Thanks!

FabricatorsGal
(Megan)

Cable___Guy

Smoak, I will be Driving up Friday afternoon, We should be there around 4 or 5.
Myself My Wife and Mother.  We are good on lodging in the rv we are driving.  Group Dinner and Breakfast sounds great. We are happy to pitch in for Groceries and help with any needed cooking or food prep.

Thanks again.
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

B.C.

Smoak: Will you be wanting to use the canopies and the large ground tarp again? Let me know.......if so, I can bring them out to your place the Friday before and set them up.
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

FabricatorsGal

Smoak,

Okay, I'll be driving down with Red Niva and Wy Knott next Friday.  I'm hoping Gretchen will be joining us as well again, but I won't know for sure until sometime next week.  We should arrive mid-afternoon.  The 3 or 4 of us will need some bed space.  We can all bring our own air mattresses, sleeping bags, pillows, and towels.  We just need some space on your floor.  We'd like to join you for both the Saturday dinner and the Sunday breakfast.  And we'll be glad to help with the cost of the food and the preparation of it.

When do y'all plan on doing the range set-up?  If we know when you plan to do it, we can arrive in time to help.

Thanks so much for opening up your home and your range for Ladyseeds!

FabricatorsGal
(Megan)

Minutemom

Hey Smoak,
I'll be coming Saturday morning, and won't need any accommodations or food.  :)  Easy.
Chris
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

smoakingun

but you are welcome to stay for supper and the night

Thomas Jefferson

minnesotarabit

Hi Smoak and all the Ladyseeders - My friend (newbie) and I will be up Saturday morning. I was going to stay in beautiful downtown Puuellatka, but forgot it was bike week. We plan to drive home on Saturday night, and back up on Sunday. Only about 100 mi so not bad and nice country drive.  Do you need extra Blue Hat men? I could probably twist CrabbyOldBoilerGuy's arm and get him to bring his gun fix'in stuff just in case. We will need canopy and tarp by sounds of weather forecast. Anything else we can help supply to take the burden off you and your lovely bride, Smoak?

minnesotarabit
the "road to glory in a patriot army and a free country is…open to all." - Gen. George Washington, August 7, 1782, in creation of the Badge of Merit

"We, and all others who believe in freedom as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." -   Thomas Jefferson, Jan. 30, 1787

smoakingun

We have canopies, you need bring nothing.
You are an instructor right?
we should have bed space available if you want to stay here, or, primitive camping is available, or, I can put you up on a cot in my shop. Your choice

Thomas Jefferson

minnesotarabit

HI Smoak, thanks for the thought but I am not an instructor, yet….I have to make my rifleman first :))

Offer appreciated, but we can head back, you need your space for the girls coming in from OOT.

Thanks
minnesotarabit
the "road to glory in a patriot army and a free country is…open to all." - Gen. George Washington, August 7, 1782, in creation of the Badge of Merit

"We, and all others who believe in freedom as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." -   Thomas Jefferson, Jan. 30, 1787

smoakingun

Thomas Jefferson

TomM1Thumb

Hey Smoak, If You need more help, I will sign up and help.  Also I have a Sam's club card and can deliver any needed supplies
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

9mm4545

Probably posted this somewhere else but in case I missed it, we are planning on arrival Friday early to set up the camper and range. We need to test some primers, check zeros, make loud noises, etc.  I believe Chris will bring the canopies but he may not be able to make until later in the afternoon. We will bring a wheat berry salad for Sat. night, cookies for all the time, and eggs n' bacon for Sunday morning. Or maybe just bacon.

minnesotarabit

Having a senior moment, ya'll - are we starting registration at 8, 8:30 or 9? Looks like the weather is clearing, should be great and no bugs!

smoakingun

Thomas Jefferson

Rubis

What an amazing event ! Thank you for organizing this and to all involved, it was wonderful, the people were wonderful and I had a lot of fun. First thing I asked my husband last night is to buy another gun safe, because I need high fashion accessories :)

I am looking forward to practicing and coming to the next event !!!

Rubis (aka Cris)

minnesotarabit

Hey Rubis, my thoughts exactly! Looking forward to after action report, super event and what a really great bunch of people - instructors, hosts, men, and shooters. I hope your husband agreed to the new high fashion accessories!!

minnesotarabit

Cable___Guy

I am Glad you ladies had a great time,
I will post all the pics I took , except one (you owe me one Marilyn)
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

B.C.

Good times! It seemed everyone had a good experience and learned a lot. I saw LOTS of smiles. I have many pictures to post when the AAR goes up, here are two for now.....

Chris
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

minnesotarabit

Hey Cable Guy, sounds like you have competition for who I owe for what?! Post it if you want, archangel732 wants a good laugh :)

It was a great weekend, a really nice bunch of people. Looking forward to fall and hope to get to GA to partake of their beautiful range up north and help out.

minnesotarabit