News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR 10/24-25/15 Harvard, MA

Started by Lima Tango, November 06, 2015, 05:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lima Tango

Better late than never AAR for 10/24-25/15 Harvard, MA!

Sorry it took a little extra time to get this up gang!

It was a breezy October morning with a slight chill in the air, and 16 shooters came out to Harvard for what proved to be a great Appleseed!
We started our morning off with a Redcoat and only 7 shooters could muster 3 consistent hits on our 200 yard size redcoat. As the day went on we hammered the positions, 6 steps, and NPOA into them. We told the story of our heritage and by the end of the day we had one returning rifleman re-qualify. Our afternoon redcoat saw a drastic improvement with 14 shooters being consistent on the 100 yard size target, 9 on the 200, 7 on the 300, and 5 make the "headshot".

The next morning was a little warmer but started off with light rain. 10 shooters returned and we saw some good groups on the redcoat! We made 4 more Riflemen by the end of the day! We explained some more about our Rifleman heritage and I think we have some potential future instructors out of this group.

Our Riflemen who earned patches are:
Mike F
Matt K
Mike L
Ron R
Tim R

Honorable mention to our single youth shooter, Pat F, who earned our young patriot patch for making some steady improvements and had some of the best safe handling skills I've seen by a youth shooter in a very long time!

Thank you to all the shooters and staff for making this shoot a good one!
Come back and bring a friend!

-LT

capnmike

Thanks LT and all the instructors.
Patrick and I had a great time.