News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

HAT CREEK, CA OCT 31-NOV 1, 2015 AAR

Started by NorCal22Gal, November 04, 2015, 12:52:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

October in Burney, CA can be a bit iffy...but we were lucky.  Beautiful 70's on Saturday and a bit chilly and around mid 50's on Sunday.  Didn't make a difference that we might get rain on Sunday. 

21 folks came out to the Hat Creek Rifle and Pistol Club Oct. 31-Nov 1.  21 folks came out to learn what we had to share.

It was an interesting mix of  previous students and new students, and a mix of rimfire and centerfire rifles.  Wonderful to see and hear.

Started Saturday with the Red Coat, then turned on the fire hose.  These folks were here to learn and learn they did. Soaking up the information and immediately putting it to use.  Many of them had been shooting for a while, but they didn't let what they already knew stop them from learning new things. 

A break for lunch and telling of the strikes to a very appreciative audience.

We got in one AQT on Saturday, no rifleman scores, but there was progress.  After a reminder to turn the clocks back that night, we proceeded to set up the full distance line for those who decided to learn to effectively shoot 100-400 yards.

Sunday, all but 2 folks returned. (Tony and Susan, you were missed.)  We started the review and it showed that the information from Saturday had sunk in.  Groups were smaller, positions getting better. 

Eaglescouter took the 6 who were shooting full distance and got them started.

We continued on until a break for lunch in a spot out of the nippy wind that kept biting. Told the stories of the Dangerous Old Men and some Determined, Dangerous Dames.  Then it was back to the line and more shooting.  AQT's ahoy!

Returning Appleseeder Jack, posted a very nice 212, then followed it up with a 217!

Jenna posted a very nice 221!

On the KD side, Mike, Hans, and Pat repeated their KD Rifleman scores with some very nice numbers ranging from 202 -240. Dean was very, very close with a 198.  Ryan was right up there with his high score of 182.

Everyone had great attitudes and learned a lot

Michael, thanks for bringing all your friends (Ryan, Scott, Ralph, Rhett)...hope you all come back soon.

Tod, you need to come back and beat Jenna's score :).

Jack and Noah, hope to see you again. 

Chris, come back out and drag a few friends.

Joe, hope to see you in November with your Dad.

Jeff and James, we hope you get to come back sometime as well.

Jason and Jace, keep practicing, great job this weekend!

Thank you all for coming out, you made this an amazing, wonderful, fun weekend.

Thank you also for helping us set up and tear down.  Many hands make for very light work.

Thank you also to my instructors, you guys are awesome!

Your Instructors and their forum names:

Laurie            NorCal22Gal    Shoot Boss
Joe            eaglescouter
Matthew         Scoutcamper
Mike            polygunner
Hans            Libertarian777
Robert            rne228
Ian            Ian3588
Boyd            Levergun

Catmann

Well this was my first appleseed shoot, I would like to thank all the instructors for  the time they spent and the information they give all of us.  Laurie is 100% correct in saying some of us  have been shooting for a lot of year s and thought we new how to shoot! WRONG it was eye opening to me and my friends as none of us thought it was possible to shoot 400 yards with open sites , but we seen it that weekend.  Now that we know about Appleseed we
will be attending the shoots in Hat Creek this next year and I know are goal is to become a Rifleman .

Thank You very much   Scott

polygunner

You meet some of the finest people at an Appleseed and this one was no exception.
Camping in the woods.
Hearing the stories of the start of the revolutionary war and of individuals that made a difference.
Meeting new people and seeing old friends.
Finding myself in a place I haven't been in a long time. (Riflemans bubble)
I didn't want it to end, could have stayed at least a few more days.

Laurie and Joe are some of the most dedicated Appleseeders there ever have been. They do a wonderful job. :bow:

It is an honor to be a part of this group and to be an Appleseed rifleman.

I hope all the attendees will come back so we can do this all again.
I know I will.

And thanks to Ian for letting me shoot his sweet Sig. Pew pew pew. :~

Now off to sort and process brass for the next one...

PG

NorCal22Gal

It was great to see you Polygunner!  We've missed you.