News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Guilford, CT @ New Haven Sportsmans club, October 31, 2015

Started by TOMINCT, November 01, 2015, 06:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TOMINCT

Just a one day shoot but with lots of satisfaction in accomplishments by our shooters.

Many showed that they had practiced and were ready for this event, with about 1/2 being new to Appleseed. The instruction and correction by the IT crew had many with scores approaching the coveted 210/ Rifleman score.

Our Rifleman from the day's efforts was Steve, the club BOTG, with a solid 216 score. Other scores to be noted were Kevin with a 208, John with a 202 and Jake with a 198. Nice shooting!

Overall the shooters ran at the usual drink from a fire hose pace and were rewarded with some major improvement for their efforts. A great group of folks to work with!

Kevin, who had fired a Rifleman score last week in Vermont stepped up to accept an orange hat, becoming Team Northeast's newest IIT. Thank you for volunteering!

The IT crew of Heavyduty77 and edleit did a great job, working with the shooters, explaining the POI's and providing the extra Appleseed attendees get when help is needed. Thank you gentlemen.

A big thank you to the New Haven Sportsman's Club for the use of the facility this past weekend. It isn't easy to shut down one of two ranges with hunting season coming up. We look forward to holding events there in the future.

Some pics should be forthcoming.

A Rifleman persists.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

obewan

Firing line

VietVet

Great job ALL!  O0

Sounds like a TOTAL success on many levels.

Congrats to our new Rifleman Steve.

Congrats and THANKS to Kevin for joining our Team.

Looking forward to working with you on many levels Kevin.
We need you on the Team. Team Northeast is re-building and it sounds as if you'll be a terrific asset.   ;)

Thanks to the Instructor Crew for keeping CT up and running.
2016 is looking brighter for the entire NE.

WELL DONE!!! ^:)^
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

Quigley

Once again I enjoyed the shoot very much. My son also attended this time, and I believe that he is hooked. He is already searching for another shoot that fits in with his school, work, and National Guard schedule. Jake has a drill next weekend and he will shoot his annual qualification for the Guard. Saturday's shoot came at the perfect time for him.  He believes the tune up will serve him well with his ser4vice rifle.

I thought that the club had a fine, comfortable,  facility very suited to our needs.

I am impressed by the quality of instruction provided by AS, and I will be happy to assist in any way that I am able.

I am looking forward to the next shoot.

Heavyduty77

What a great event! TominCT did his usual fantastic job as the Shoot Boss along with edleit's always professional assistance.

Steve accepts his Rifleman's patch.........................

Kevin steps up for the Orange Hat!

All-in-all a perfect day for an Appleseed!

Thanks again to all those who made the effort to attend. (Don't forget to keep dry firing and practicing those positions!) We look forward to seeing you all (and more of your friends) again!

Heavyduty77

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future." --Adolf Hitler, 1935

"Cause the registration of all firearms on some pretext, with the view of confiscating them and leaving the population defenseless." --Vladimir Ilich Lenin

"Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."                             -- Aristotle

jake1956

My first event and a great time!  Thanks again Tom and Pete!