News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Piqua OH 2015 31-Oct & 01-Nov

Started by DGMilty, November 01, 2015, 01:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGMilty

Placeholder for AAR. Feel free to post pictures.
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.   -Thomas Jefferson

Shep

What a great Appleseed!  There are times when things just couldn't get much better; the Piqua shoot was one of those occasions. We started Saturday morning with cool but dry weather, and had 21 shooters signed in, and then added another previous Appleseeder to the line after lunch.

We shot two AQT's in the afternoon then proceeded to hand out rifleman patches, we had four riflemen who reconfirmed their status (repeatedly throughout the wekend) Chad, Eric, James, and Evan, along with two new riflemen added, Brian with a score of 211, and Ben with a 222. Ben earned rifleman on his very first AQT, which was shot with a bolt action. He continued to shoot rifleman scores with a variety of rifles throughout the weekend.

We celebrated Halloween in Appleseed fashion, by placing Pumpkins at the 50-yard line, then breaking up into teams of three with 10 rounds each; the team with the least amount of pumpkin left was the winner. The prize of gold and silver "coins" provided by Coyote 217, were awarder to the winning team, which quickly devoured the chocolate inside.

Thanks to DGMilty, Buckeye Trapper, and Coyote 217, for doing an outstanding job of instructing. The results of their instruction was already clear by the end of Saturday, with the redcoat target; we had with fifteen shooters proficient at the 100 yard, twelve at the 200, eleven at the 300, nine at the 400, nine joined Daniel Morgans Riflemen, and six shooters cleared their redcoats.

Sunday was a beautiful day and we put another 350 or so well-aimed rounds down range throughout the day. We had two more shooters join the rifleman ranks with Kyle, and Sierra. Sierra qualified with a 210, which earned her a baptism with water from "The North Bridge."

Over twenty rifleman's AQT scores shot throughout the weekend, ranging from 210 to 239. We also had many other shooters that were who were "knocking on the door" to becoming a rifleman, shooting consistent scores in the 150 to 200 point range. Remember your dry fire practice on these cold and snowy winter days that lie ahead, and we'll have your rifleman patch waiting when we see you back in the spring!
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." -Thomas Jefferson

Coyote217

I agree with Shep about a great weekend.  It is always a wonderful time hanging out with Americans who want to honor their heritage.  Congratulations to all the shooters and to the rifleman, especially Sierra, who at age 14, took her baptism with water from  the "North  Bridge" with a great big smile.  Hope to see you all again and keep supporting our Liberty. 
"These are the times that try men's souls." Thomas Paine

Hannibal ante portas!

Corvette

Outstanding!!!!!! Great job all.  O0

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Doc Willi

Thank you to all the instructors. This was a fun event, and there were a lot of good people and shooters there. Deanna and Sierra really enjoyed it, and want to attend another.
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Shep

Here's a few photos; we should have more soon.
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." -Thomas Jefferson

DrRichP

Congratulations to all and thanks to the team for a wonderful event!
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

DGMilty

I have been unable to post ANY pictures.  Will send to Shep.  Maybe he'll have some luck!

Glad to see a FULL LINE at Piqua this past weekend, especially after the dry spell we've been experiencing over the last year.  Hoping that 2016 will be a great year for us as well!  Was a pleasure to see some familiar faces, and especially the new ones.  ALWAYS glad to see the youngsters show up and "stick it out" the whole weekend.  And as always, a pleasure to work with my Instructor friends in Piqua.

DGMilty
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.   -Thomas Jefferson

bad-timing

Hey everyone. It's Brandon. I was the guy who showed up a couple of minutes late on Oct 31 and took the position at the far left side of the firing line.

First of all. I'm sorry I didn't make it to the second day of the shoot. I got up nice and early on the 1st and then my car wouldn't start. Secondly I wanted to know who I could give the 10 dollar range fee to? I didn't know that I needed to bring it the first day, and planned on bringing it with me the second day. I just want to make sure I don't cheat the RWVA or the Piqua Fish and Game.

Thanks everyone!

dodgetech77

One of the best times ive ever experienced at the buttstock of a firearm, both in knowledge gained, and fun had.  With that being said, I was certainly surprised how tired I felt at the end of the second day!   Congrats to all who attended, and especially those who shot a 210 or higher!  I did not qualify for a rifleman's patch, but it gave me something to look forward to for the next Appleseed I am able to attend. 
My son Zeb had a good time as well, and i feel made noticeable improvement over the two days. 
Many thanks to the instructors, for their time and knowledge.  The safety of all involved was never in question, and Im especially grateful for that since I had a youngster along, and was trying to learn myself.  As many parents know, sometimes the two do not work well together!
Glad to see some pics posted, thank you for that!

One last thing.  Both myself and my brother forgot about the CMP information, and I believe we were supposed to pick up some paperwork regarding that.  We are hoping to make a trip up to CMP sometime in the coming weeks.  Are we able to meet with one of the instructors somewhere to take care of this?
We are both local to the Piqua area, and would also drive further if needed.

Thanks again for the great weekend!!

Shep

Dodgetech77, thanks for your positive comments, glad you enjoyed it.

No problem mailing you the CMP forms; just send me a private message through the forum with the names and your address, and I'll get them to you.

Shep 

Shep

Sorry to be so slow getting up the photos of our riflemen; technical difficulties sometimes occur.  Congratulations again to all!

Shep

More photos.