News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR, 10-24/25-15 Gibsonburg, OH

Started by Blindman, October 27, 2015, 07:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blindman

As the rains begin to fall here at the homestead, I harken back to the final shoot of the Season and what an incredible time I had. With, at peak 19 on the line it was the largest shoot I have bossed this year, but attentive, eager listeners, and a generous sprinkling of Appleseed alumni and safe handling skills made it a true joy to be at.
   Redcoat scores showed steady improvement and how seriously the shooters took the lesson plan.
                    SAt             Sun
                AM   PM       AM   PM
COUNT     18      15       16    14
100          9      12        15    10
200          3        8         8       9
300          1        4         4       5
400           1       4         2       5
shingle       1      6         4       5
clear          1       2         2       2

Saturday it rained, which was followed by a high value wind that scattered unattended papers, but luckily was coming from behind us. Even this did not dim the spirits of the shooters and instructors, who persevered and modified the instruction to fit events. Highlights of the day included a fine recitation of the first strike by Cadence, and Little Buddy making the decision to elevate from Applecore to an IIT. Good work, Little Buddy, that Orange hat looks good on you!

Sunday was a cool, but otherwise perfect day. The eager shooters took to their targets, their history and, after lunch, to the 500 yard line where they rang steel on a known-distance range. Finally, the Shooters were treated to a Gibsonburg tradition as two shooters were elevated to the rank of Rifleman, AJ Clune with a score of 216 and Collin Franks - AKA the hamburgler - with a score of 215. these newly minted rifleman were made captain of two teams who, under time, attempted to carve jack-0-lanterns with rifle fire, a fine time was had by all.

Rifleman Marcos Rodriguez, attending for Re-qual, asked to use a Time laps camera to film the second day of this event, and I hope will post his excellent results for the enjoyment of the crew. It is quite something to see an event unfold before you in this manner!

Once again, thanks to all for a great season! See you all next year!
okay, my dear friends and fellow's. My novel has gone live.
"Freedom's Forge, striking the sparks of liberty (volume 1) is available
http://abbacsrealms.com/
part of the profits go to Appleseed!

Hamburglar

Pumpkin aftermath. Thank you for a great event.

Rifleman Colin Franks

Meerkat

Blindman storytelling and attempting to act.   :)

Meerkat

The other pumpkin didn't fare too well either. 

Not sure who put a bullet hole through the fence post!   :~

birddog239

I had a great time at this shoot.  I tried a few times, but I could not qualify rifleman using my AR.  I am determined to do that at the next shoot.  It was an amazing opportunity to shoot at known distances and hitting a target at 500 yards is now a personal record.  As Blindman said I did take a time lapse on Sunday, and I would like to share it with you. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXQUmx6I_2I 

Technical details:
GoPro4 Silver with usb battery pack
     Settings: 7 megapixels wide field of view and spot metering on.
One photo every five seconds
6,528 photos were taken
Video rendered at 60 frames per second using Sony Movie Studio 13 Platinum

Meerkat

Fives

"A hero is no more brave than an ordinary man, he is braver five minutes longer" RWE

Charley

Awesome video Birddog! And, yes, great shoot this weekend. Everyone had an open mind and teachable attitude! Hope to see you all on the line again! There are pics to come...

Charley

Saturday Morning Red Coat! And learning prone steady hold factors.

Charley

Seated steady hold factors

Charley

Learning about Mother Batherick

Charley

Riflemen Colin and AJ....Huzzah!!

Charley

Having some fun carving pumpkins!

Charley

Shooting Cadence's musket

Charley

musket