News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Buford GA October 17-18, 2015

Started by Morpheus, October 19, 2015, 08:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morpheus

This was a great event at the Georgia Gun Club this weekend!

This is to get the AAR started, please comment or post pictures as you are able. I will add more information myself when I have a moment to gather my thoughts.

Thanks to all who came and for making this such a worthwhile way to spend a weekend. O0

Steve
"The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry
"We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it." Nancy Pelosi (and Paul Ryan, kinda)

FabricatorsGal

This shoot was absolutely amazing!  The Georgia Gun Club was an incredible venue; it was clean, spacious, and made our job as Instructors very easy.  We started out Saturday morning with 13 very eager students.  We listened to Morpheus' opening remarks and had our safety briefing in one of the classrooms.  Then we moved out to the range where the participants engaged their first Redcoats in 2 relays (which ran very smoothly all weekend long!).  They did well; it was apparent we had some Appleseed veterans amongst them.  They received instruction up until lunchtime.  At that time, we all returned to the classroom to hear the First & Second Strikes over lunch.  After lunch, we finished up the instruction and managed to fit in the Third Strike, 2 AQTs and 1 final Redcoat as well.  All of the students had most definitely improved over the course of the day!  We knew we'd likely have some Riflemen on Sunday.

Sunday morning, 11 of the 13 shooters returned for day 2.  We started out with some review in the classroom before we headed out to the range.  There was a morning Redcoat, some squares for sighting, and an AQT all before lunchtime.  That AQT proved to be fruitful as 2 of the participants qualified!  We heard some stories about individuals who played very important roles in the Revolutionary War and a great KD presentation over lunch.  We returned to the range and many AQTs were shot...both traditional AQTs and QDAQTs.  1 more person qualified on one of the QDAQTs.  One final Redcoat was shot before we headed back to the classroom to hear Morpheus' benediction.  As always, his Patrick Henry speech was spectacular!  So, when it was all said and done, there was 1 requalification, 3 new Riflemen, 3 new OHs, and many improved shooters!  It was a very fulfilling weekend to be an Appleseed Instructor!

This was my second shoot as a SBIT.  I'd like to thank Morpheus for sharing his knowledge and for allowing me to assist him with all facets of this shoot.  I'm sure he'll be posting here with the specific details that I'm lacking (like the Riflemen's names and scores).  Thanks to the other Instructors, Fabricator, General Stuart, and guitarzan, for making this an easy shoot to organize.  They were willing to step up and do whatever was needed.  I figured as the SBIT, I should also get some pictures for this AAR.  I'll post them momentarily in another reply.

This was a great weekend for the Georgia Appleseed program!  I sure hope I'll see the participants on the Line again soon!

FabricatorsGal
(Megan)

FabricatorsGal

Daniel, an OH, was shooting with his brother.  He requalified.

Morpheus helping Kate.

Aaron shooting in seated.

Fabricator and General Stuart instructing "Standing".

Morpheus watching the Line.

Karen shooting in prone.

Kevin shooting in prone.

FabricatorsGal

Kate and Jeff shooting in prone.

Jake and Brian shooting in prone.

Fabricator telling the story of Hezekiah Wyman.

Fabricator reviewing "Talking Targets" and "IMC" with the shooters.

The Line Boss' view.

Shooters checking their targets.

Morpheus awarding Josh his Rifleman patch!

FabricatorsGal

Morpheus awarding Brian his Rifleman patch!

Morpheus awarding Brian his Rifleman patch!

Aaron and Jeff shooting in standing.

Josh shooting in standing.

Jeff shooting in prone.

FabricatorsGal shooting with some iron sights.

Fabricator and FabricatorsGal (husband and wife) instructing "Prone".

Roswell

Quote from: FabricatorsGal on October 20, 2015, 08:17:22 PM
1 requalification, 3 new Riflemen, 3 new OHs, and many improved shooters!  It was a very fulfilling weekend to be an Appleseed Instructor!

Wow! I should say so! Good job everyone! ^:)^
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

Fabricator

This was indeed a great shoot to serve at; our reward and payment is to see improvement, but the rifleman scores do not hurt either ;)  Thanks to those whom came out and especially those that have taken hats--see you on the trail.

-Fabricator-
�The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.�
- Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle