News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Peterborough, NH 17 & 18 Oct 2015

Started by Andy in NH, October 19, 2015, 08:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy in NH

Great weekend with awesome seasonal weather!

Nine students on Saturday. A few additions and some subtractions gave us eight on Sunday.

At his third AS, Matt scored Rifleman on Saturday - switched rifles and shot the score several more times.  He credits CaptMac's explanation of "rock around the clock" for building the prone position with making things finally "click" for him.  Matt's son earned his patch on Sunday! Great to see a father and son shooting together.

There was another father and son team we've seen before at Peterborough, but they mysteriously only stayed for Saturday?

The was also two husband/wife teams that shared their weekend together - great job - always great to see!

A BIG thanks to Conrad1775 for spending half of Saturday with us before needing to head out for work.  Your efforts helped to get the students off to a great start that was appreciated by all!

Another BIG thanks to CaptMac who took the place of an ill NhLibertas on Saturday.  Without CaptMac jumping aboard at the last minute to help, this shoot might have been canceled!  CaptMac also stayed longer on Sunday than he originally agreed to and that paid us big dividends also!

Finally a hearty thank you to Mark at the Monadnock Rod & Gun Club for exclusive use of the range and for opening up the kitchen at lunch for us to eat.
Infantry - Everything else is just support!

Infantry - America's only all terrain, all weather weapons system!

MattNH

A big thank you to the instructors for a fantastic weekend of history and shooting and thank you to Monadnock Rod & Gun for hosting.  My oldest son had a great time and so many things came together for him.

Appleseed is friend to all, enemy to none

loosh

A huge thank you to the team of instructors! I had an incredible time at my first event, learned a lot, found out where I really need to put in a lot of effort, and met some great folks. You can watch the videos and read the guides, but there's nothing like having someone right next to you saying "here's a place where you need to tweak something."

Can't wait to attend another!

Loosh (MattL)