News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

..Winslow, NJ Oct 17/18 2015 AAR..

Started by Josey Wales, October 19, 2015, 10:08:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josey Wales

..We had a great weekend in South Jersey. I appreciate that VietVet and JerseyDevil helped run the event. We had three rifleman Fred with a 217 Sandy with a  215 and Louis with a 219. I was lucky enough to have my Wife Pepita and my youngest Daughter Maya with me this weekend.
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

VietVet

Quote from: Josey Wales on October 19, 2015, 10:08:11 AM
Hold

I guess Josey Wales is still "Holding It" so I'll post a few photos from this event.

I'll post more after he finishes and adds his comments but it was a GREAT weekend at Winslow.
Congrats and thanks to all involved.

It was a pleasure meeting and working with all of you.
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

DefendUsInBattle

Well, finally!

This was the first Appleseed for my son and me. We had a great time (even though we're both sore as heck) and learned a lot. Thank you to our instructors, Nick and Rich, for sharing your knowledge and passion for marksmanship and for this country of ours. You kept things fun, safe, and professional. My best AQT was only 19, but I have high hopes of making rifleman at a future Appleseed - I can't wait!

Kazzooo

I wanted to take a moment to say thank you!  We (Lou, Sandy and Brett) had a great weekend with you guys and appreciate the history and American heritage lessons.  This was our second Appleseed (first in our home state of NJ) and our buddy Brett's first Appleseed.  The instructors were fantastic.  Brett received a rock solid shooting foundation and Sandy and I were able to further hone our skills to the level of Rifleman.  Not only did the training get me to the Rifleman score, but I was able to repeat qualifying targets the rest of Saturday and again on Sunday.  "Accuracy is how close one gets to the center of the target.  Precision is about repeat-ability - how often one achieves that accuracy."  I even managed to score 2 more Rifleman scores the following weekend at the Appleseed on Long Island!   :)  Now looking forward to the road to Instructor.

THANK YOU!!!

Lou "Kazzooo"
"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."
― John Paul Jones
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
― Tom Paine

Josey Wales

O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

Quote from: Kazzooo on October 28, 2015, 08:44:24 PM
I wanted to take a moment to say thank you!  We (Lou, Sandy and Brett) had a great weekend with you guys and appreciate the history and American heritage lessons.  This was our second Appleseed (first in our home state of NJ) and our buddy Brett's first Appleseed.  The instructors were fantastic.  Brett received a rock solid shooting foundation and Sandy and I were able to further hone our skills to the level of Rifleman.  Not only did the training get me to the Rifleman score, but I was able to repeat qualifying targets the rest of Saturday and again on Sunday.  "Accuracy is how close one gets to the center of the target.  Precision is about repeat-ability - how often one achieves that accuracy."  I even managed to score 2 more Rifleman scores the following weekend at the Appleseed on Long Island!   :)  Now looking forward to the road to Instructor.

THANK YOU!!!

Lou "Kazzooo"
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

DefendUsInBattle

Just looked at my post. That should read 169, not 19!  :P

And as Lou said, a big THANKS to our instructors.

I told my friends, and the guys at Garden State Shooting Center in Brick all about it, and I hope to be bringing a bunch of them with me next appleseed!

smokjunkee

Wow, what a fantastic weekend. The weather was excellent fall temps and just
enough breeze to crud up our rifles with sand but not enough to effect shooting.
I have been trying to attend an Appleseed event for 3 years but the schedule just
didn't ever work. I'm so glad I finally made it to this one with a small but good group
of shooters. Being self taught and very comfortable with firearms I'd hope to go in with
an open mind and come away with a better understanding of operating my rifle. Boy
did I ever. Once getting the hang of finding my NPOA, trusting it & then working on
my breathing much more than I ever have, my confidence grew with each trigger pull.
Aside from one little embarrassing moment while walking down to my practice target only
to find not one single hole in it, then looking over to the target of the young shooter to the
right of me and see twice the amount of holes there should of been...whoops! He took it all
in stride and I'm just glad it wasn't his AQT! Anyway, I did receive my Rifleman Patch but
much more importantly, it was a great experience that I cannot wait to repeat.
All that with some swell history of our American Revolution as a bonus.
Thank's for a job well done to JoseyWhales, VietVet & JerseyDevil. Hope to see you in 2016.
SJ