News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Phoenix, AZ Nov 29-30 Appleseed AAR

Started by MOGromit, December 01, 2008, 02:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOGromit

Just a quick start to the After Action Report from this last weekend...

The weekend after Thanksgiving at Ben Avery Shooting Range north of Phoenix saw 30 shooters show up on a bright Saturday morning.  Being the weekend after Turkey Day, I was struck quite by how many poultry references I note during an Appleseed (Turkey Necking, Chicken Wing, Mashed Potatoes..... ok, that one I didn't run across).

Everyone was eager to learn and ready to go and we had all levels of experience from those who hadn't shot a rifle before to several who had attended an Appleseed before and decided to drag more folks to this one.

20 shooters returned for the polishing and further instruction on Sunday and by the end of the day we had 3 Riflemen on the line.

Good show AZ!

Got some good leads to follow up on for a location in southern AZ for more Appleseeds in 2009.

Many thanks to BlueFeather and TaosGlock for making the trek from NM to help out the AZ continent of AZRedhawk44 and myself.

AZ Gromit

bob 210

Good job Arizona! It's always good to hear about the successes in AZ! Keep up the good work!
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

New American

It's late Sunday nite. I am just back from the Appleseed weekend Rifle class. 2 full days under the beautiful Arizona November sun pursuing the journey of how to become a real RIFLE MAN. This is not a bench smoking cigar weekend shooter experience, this is a real practical life opportunity to learn how to become a real American Rifleman, as in the tradition of our Fore Fathers. That means to shoot body shots at least 400 yards and head shots at least 200 yards... with just the iron sight and no bench.What can I say? I have started my journey. I had learnt a lot, and I have realized how much more I have to learn. I consider this experience another more reason to be grateful to have had the opportunity to become an American Citizen in my life. To share those 2 days on the range with other committed men, women (and their sons and daughters), aware of their history, roots, duty and danger that we face as nation, this has been another incredible piece of memory for my spirit that will stay with me for the rest of my life. Why I am so excited about this Appleseed Project? There is more than one reason, but let me give you at least 3.
1) You get so much for the money.
With just $70 you have the opportunity to be in a 2 full day class of professional volunteer instructors where you will be able to learn the basic marksman skills for your life time journey of how to become a real Rifleman. Think how many times you blow away much more useless private federal reserve notes getting almost nothing back. How many dinners at that stupid greasy restaurant or how many over priced starbucks cappuccino do you need to spare to save these priceless $70 for the Appleseed project? Not many, trust me.
2) It's more than just learning of how to shoot.
Doing a class at Appleseed it is not just about learning how to throw lead into a target. It's about to rediscover who We are as Americans. Appreciating the skills and the sacrifices that our Fore Fathers did to give us our Freedoms that today we have permitted to be taken away in exchange of fake security and and extra government hand out.
To never forget our History. To be aware of what we are losing because of our apathy.During the shooting pauses the instructors share great detailed lectures of our American Revolution with particular focus on the first few crucial days of the battle of Lexington and Concord. I doubt in any public reeducation camp school you will learn any of those historical facts with such details.
3)It's a DUTY.
At Appleseed they don't talk about politics. I understand. There is no room for republicrats or democraps. They are not profit and they keep it simple: Learn your history and how to become a rifleman. But guess what... Give me a man or a woman with a Rifle that also have a heart for their Country... this man or woman is a million times more powerful than any Political party. This free individual represents the seeds of a growing Liberty tree.
Give me 1000.000 men and women like those... and we have still hope as free Nation to remain Free.
Remember, We the People are the last line of defense against any tyranny... foreign and domestic. I consider it as our DUTY as Americans to learn all the skills that our Fore Fathers had to stand against evil, and to become a true rifleman... it's one of them. It's our duty and honor to be the holder of this seed of freedom that we must preserve and share with our next generation. Become an Appleseed member and share the wealth of our American Heritage. I have just joined them tonite.

Luca Zanna
ex legal immigrant from Italy, new American Citizen.   

PS At the end of the 2 days I was excited to have reached my effective range of 400 yards and one head shot at 200 yards red coat officer.

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. Thomas Jefferson
3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

http://appleseedinfo.org

please enjoy my song I wrote and produced "The Second Amendment" dedicated to all Riffemen and Riflewomen around the Country http://unitedstates.fm/secondamendment.htm

TreadCarefully

Well done guys! You didn't describe the weather but I presume it was 25 degrees with 30 mph gusts and snow, just like here....

Spare the tar and feathers, spoil the politician.

"Pain is temporary. Quitting is forever." - Lance Armstrong

"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc."

AZRedhawk44

TC:  It was a balmy frigid 20 degrees fahrenheit celcius where the lack of wind drove into us at 30 miles feet per hour.  The tortured two day shooting course had us spitting sandy grit through out teeth appreciating the lovely Arizona sunshine at this time of year.

;D

There were some great shooters from all walks of life and many corners of Arizona.  A H-U-G-E thank you goes out to BlueFeather and TaosGlock.  This was their first stint as IIT's and they did a commendable job at it... plus they put up with my dog for the weekend!  That in itself is heroic. :o

Three Riflemen were produced from the blood, sweat and tears enjoyable days on the range.  Skills were hammered out on the anvil of the AQT  coaxed from that hidden place within each shooter, to the surface, and ironed smoothly into place so that each shooter improved with almost effortless grace. ;D

I dunno how Gromit did it. ;)

Luca, good to see you found us here!  I suspect we'll be seeing more of you.  I think we'll be hearing more from some more shooters, as well. 

lysander6

I came with my family and friends and we were a clan of eight.  I am proud to announce that my wife outshot me and I feel nothing but elation at that fact.  The AS has provided a new venue for a family activity that will bring us closer.  It will now be a regular addition to our homeschool curriculum.

Gromit, Redhawk, TaosGlock and Bluefeather provided the best instruction I have seen.  They were patient, imformed and very tolerant of a host of young novice shooters who are now fully immunized against any hoplophobia.

Luca rocks!
Gun control is mind control.

" Of every One-Hundred men, Ten shouldn't even be there,
Eighty are nothing but targets,
Nine are real fighters...
We are lucky to have them...They make the battle,
Ah, but the One, One of them is a Warrior...
and He will bring the others back."

- Heraclitus (circa 500 BC)

My Blog:  http://zerogov.com/

On Appleseed sabbatical since 2012...

AzResolve

I had a great weekend at the range - I originally signed up only for Sat, but I could not leave that rifleman standard unmet. I was lucky enough to be able to come out for Sunday morning, and all the great training came together.

I really really liked just hanging around with such a friendly and helpful group of instructors and fellow shooters - next time I'm staying for the whole day, and I hope to bring my wife and also some friends, I've been telling everyone around for last few days what an incredible event this volunteer team put together.

I plan to see you again at the range sometime, and maybe even at the show this weekend - I'll be wearing my t-shirt. I'm going to be working on my AK skills now, see if I can bring my group size down a little. (after pushing my front sight a little left)

Bob (AzResolve in this forum!)
whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one

TaosGlock

Lady Liberty was extremely pleased with AZ . She gave us two beautiful days and a group hungry to learn their heritage. The sound of freedom was never more evident as the mountain echoed back our shots in an almost surreal way. ;)

What a beautiful state you guys live in. That fiery sunset with the saguaros and rugged mountains on the horizon at the end of the day was a great reward for those achey muscles. 
You guys were a wonderful group of people to know and work with.  I never saw a group of shooters more committed to focusing on getting their skills polished.
From the youngest shooters to the most senior (like me!  8)) you guys taught me patience and persistence.

This was my wife BlueFeather and I's first experience as AS instructors and you helped us to hone our teaching skills to a fine edge.  And Gromit and Redhawk really helped to keep us grounded. They are the best of the best.
Be assured we will pass the tradition on. O0

I t was a honor to work with such fine Americans.
I enjoyed our after shoot talks and am looking forward to working with you all again.
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need anything.
TG
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

lysander6

Gents,

I wrote an essay on the Appleseed shoot in Phoenix (11/29-30/08) that will be published tomorrow on www.lewrockwell.com.  Please keep in mind that LRC has a monthly viewing audience in excess of 165k.  I hope this acts as yet another recruiting tool for the program.

Bill
Gun control is mind control.

" Of every One-Hundred men, Ten shouldn't even be there,
Eighty are nothing but targets,
Nine are real fighters...
We are lucky to have them...They make the battle,
Ah, but the One, One of them is a Warrior...
and He will bring the others back."

- Heraclitus (circa 500 BC)

My Blog:  http://zerogov.com/

On Appleseed sabbatical since 2012...

MOGromit

Excellent Show Lysander6!!!

Let us know when we're ready to host an Appleseed with your clan involved in Southern AZ.

AZG

V

Quote from: lysander6 on December 04, 2008, 04:55:45 PM
Gents,

I wrote an essay on the Appleseed shoot in Phoenix (11/29-30/08) that will be published tomorrow on www.lewrockwell.com.  Please keep in mind that LRC has a monthly viewing audience in excess of 165k.  I hope this acts as yet another recruiting tool for the program.

Bill
FYI, Greg Perry has also written here in the past on appleseed. Look forward to reading yours
Cheers
Phil

TaosGlock

Quote from: lysander6 on December 04, 2008, 04:55:45 PM
Gents,
Bill
Excellent Bill! Thanks for stepping up!
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

New American

Hi Bill
great article... and thanks for the kind words
I will post it on my site http://unitedstates.fm
ciao
Luca